Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Default Gran's Farm in Belize -- Is it Safe???

We will be cruising next week on the Glory with a stop in Belize. I am having a hard time finding an excursion good for a 4 and 6 year old. Doing some searching online, I came across this site: http://gransfarmbelize.com/index.html

It looks really interesting. My concern is that Carnival doesn't have excursions there so we would have to get a cab there and back or hope that the folks at Gran's Farm would take us each way (although we don't really know exacly when we can get off the boat due to the tender schedule).

Does anyone know if this place is safe? Is it safe to take a cab in Belize? Any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Passenger

Default Gran's Farm in Belize - very very nice

Gran's Farm is about 14 miles up the Western Highway (paved) and is landscaped with great imagination - swimming pool, canoeing through jungle streams, great Belizean quisine, attentive staff. It is really perfect, especially for the kids. And it is totally safe - getting there and all that. I believe you can get them at info@gransfarmbelize.com, and they will certainly provide land transportation, "meet and greet" you and your family from the ship, and give you a great day. Take the earlier tenders to shore. Owner's name is Dr. Osbert Usher and if you'd like to, his phone # is (501) 227-3415. He's a native Belizean dentist who has created this quite lovely destination site about 25 minutes from Belize City. You need to tell them which ship you are on, so they will know which terminal to meet you off your tender. Enjoy. And tell us later how it went, please.
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. I called them to arrange a pick up and they said they would email me to coordinate (but didn't). I emailed them at the address you mentioned and they didn't reply. I take this to only mean they don't communicate well. I am coming in on the Carnival Glory and from what I have heard, its rather hard to get an early tender unless you have a Carnival-booked excursion. As such, its challenging for me to even tell Gran's what time to expect us at the terminal. Therefore, due to the uncertain debarkation time and the fact that they haven't responded to my email, I think I will take a cab. I called the Belize tourism board and they also say Gran's farm is safe and that taking a cab there is safe.

I will post a trip report when I get back.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
Passenger

Default Taxi to Gran's Farm

Well done, GoGators. Tell you what - OUTSIDE Terminal ONE at the Belize City tourism village where you disembark, ask for one of the women taxi drivers - LINDA is excellent. And don't worry about disembarkation - Gran's Farm is only 14 miles up the highway - you'll have lots of time to enjoy its amenities. Remember swim gear, and sun block!!!! Towel, camera, etc etc...!!!