Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:40 AM
Beginner

Default St. Maarten - Divi Little Bay Beach, Pinel Island or suggest

I'm trying to decide on what beach to do in St. Maarten. We would like some beach time, plus we have our own snorkel gear, so some good snorkeling conditions as well. Would like to have some facilities as well ie washrooms, chairs & umbrellas and maybe a snack bar.

For RCI Ship excursions we are currently looking at Divi Little Bay or Pinel Island.

I know Pinel Island is on the french side so will there be as much nudity as there is at Orient Beach? We have done Orient Beach and although it was a gorgeous beach we were a little put off by the naked men strolling the beach.

Has anyone been to dawn beach or Mullet Bay? Can we take taxi's from the taxi stand at the pier to any of the above mentioned locations?

Thanks Alot, I know there is a few questions here.
Gail
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

We re going on the Carnival Glory in two weeks and were are booked for Divi little beach cant wait

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Freedom May 2010
Carnival Liberty January 2009
Carnival Freedom April 2008
Carnival Glory April 2007
Carnival Miracle March 2006
Carnival Glory April 2005
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Passenger

GSW. We were in St, Maartin last December and went to Dawn Beach for the day. It was VERY rough on that side of the island that day, so snorlelling was out of the question (I did try, and didn't see much in the way of a reef). I rented a boogie board from the stand that rents chairs, etc. and had a BLAST! They have two little outdoor snack shops/bars right on the beach. The beach itself is very clean St. Maartin itself is very easy to get around. The pier has signs everywhere telling you which taxi, etc. to get on. Hope this helps.