Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cozumel and Costa Maya aboard the RCCL Splendour

Hi all,

Just returned from these ports and posted lots of pics. Will be glad to answer questions if I can.
http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=602...=SYE/otsi=SALB

RCCL Splendour of the Seas, Western Caribbean (Cozumel/Costa Maya), May 2007

Princess Diamond, Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Cabo San Lucas), Sep 2006

Carnival Paradise, Catalina Island/Ensenada BC, Jun 2011

Caribbean Princess, Cozumel/Roatan/Belize, Jan 2014
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, how did you like the port of Cozumel? What did you do or see...anything good to tell about Cozumel??

Thanks and regards,

CWS
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: port of Cozumel

Hi!

Actually, I was disappointed with Cozumel. The first time I was there, 3 years ago, it was all so new that I found it interesting. This time, I wished I had booked an excursion as there were other ships in port and it was SO crowded, with every other store being a Diamonds International or Tanzanite -- the "cruise ship approved stores". I must say that Pancho's Backyard is still wonderful, as is the store attached - I would go straight there, have lunch, shop there, then go back to the ship. There are a lot of excursion choices, though, and many have recommended them. If you need a bathroom, though - go BACK to the ship - they were absolutely horrible, with standing water all over the floor and every single toilet stopped up - UGH.

Princess Diamond, Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta/Mazatlan/Cabo San Lucas), Sep 2006

Old May 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
cozumelcruising

cheezz..I agree with you, the waterfront is flooded with diamonds, silver, jewelry and similar stuff...not very attractive anymore, but people can check out the back streets a bit, 2-3 streets back are many stores, local stores with adequate prices...do not listen to the ship telling you it is dangerous...IT IS NOT and probably the tell this to shop in their comission stores..sorry. Cozumel is perfectly safe..watch the traffic with so many ships in port...Beach Clubs...Playa Mia has good maintenance of its facilities...that is one of the credits I allow myself to give them without advertising..they are well organized...but slowly and certainly, many beach clubs are raising their level of quality at their beaches, in the meantime there is quite some competition...saludos desde Cozumel
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default back streets of Cozumel

I agree wholeheartedly! We took a taxi from the dock to the end of the shops and had lunch at Pancho's Backyard. Then we walked back down the main street, toward the dock, for about 1 block before we cut through a side street down to the REAL shops. They were SO much more interesting and fun than the main drag... and it really has become a drag. It was completely safe, lots of people, lots of tourists, and more of a party atmosphere - wider street and easier to walk around. You can walk down that back street (which runs parallel to the main street), all the way back to the first dock where the big open promenade is.