Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007
Default Any Info on the Atlantis Bahamas excursion!

Anyone have any good information on the Atlantis Bahamas excursion? Looking to hear is it worth the money or is there a way to do it on our own cheaper. Been to Bahamas 4 times and jsut want to do something different this time. Never did the atlantis thing. Any good things to let us know will be so helpful to us. Happy cruising!
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Gram,
I actually thought it was worth the money, an amazing property. I loved the dig/aquarium, really something worth seeing and it doesn't take all day. You'd still have time for a beach or shopping :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Admiral

My suggestion is to do this on your own. If you book thru the ship, they will transport you via a small boat to the dock near the Atlantis Resort and you will have to walk, uphill, in the heat (10 minutes minimum) and a tough walk for the elderly and small children. If you take a taxi ($3 or $4 per person one way), they will drop you off right at the door. When you enter the hotel, walk down the stairs to the lower level where the aquarium is to purchase tickets to The Digs. You won't have to rush, you can stay in there as long as you want. You will not be allowed access to their pool area or beach. There is a nice deli on the premises on the lower level which you can access from outside. It is where the yachts are tied up. It is a little pricey but air conditioned, clean and good food. They also have take-out items. Right next door to the deli is an ice cream parlor.
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007

Thanks Donna! Rose, Can you remember how much the tickets cost for the Digs? Thanks to you also for the info. So nice to have this site for such questions that come up. Happy cruising.
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
Admiral

If I remember correctly, the tour tickets were $29.95. My grandson loved it, we were in there forever.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

we are going in August on the Dawn. And I want to see the dig very badly. The taxi idea is better than the cruise excursion. Also, different cruise lines offer different arrangements since some have a relationship with Atlantis. Thanks for the info!
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Well, my sister just got off Norwegian Dawn this morning. They went to the Atlantis on their own & never got stopped. So they managed to check out the whole place. She said nobody was checking bands or anything, so they managed to check out everything.

Their ship didn't get to port until 1pm, so maybe that's why. They didn't get there to the Atlantis until late in the day.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou 123
Default Re: Any Info on the Atlantis Bahamas excursion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingrandma2007
Anyone have any good information on the Atlantis Bahamas excursion? Looking to hear is it worth the money or is there a way to do it on our own cheaper. Been to Bahamas 4 times and jsut want to do something different this time. Never did the atlantis thing. Any good things to let us know will be so helpful to us. Happy cruising!

We were down there in April and took the water taxi over and then a taxi back. I didn't do it through Carnival, just took off on our own.
Have fun!
9/2005 Carnival Conquest (9 day due to Rita)
4/2007 Carnival Glory
4/2008 Carnival Triumph
11/2008 Carnival Triumph
3/2009 Carnival Pride
11/2009 Carnival Liberty
3/2010 Carnival Liberty