Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Default How to get from Docks at St. Thomas to Megan's Bay?

Hello,
Can anyone help me out with how I would get from the docks at ST. Thomas over to Megan's Bay? Would you suggest a taxi and if so, are they easy to find, safe, reliable, all that? And how much would it cost? How long would it take to get there? Thanks...we cannot WAIT for this port and want to make the most of the day.

Thanks,
Pam
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Cabs are very easy to get in St. Thomas. We took it to Coral World on the other side of the island and the guy was great. It cost us $10 pp but we bargained a bit since we shared the cab with another couple. Very safe and reliable. Our cab ride there was about 25 minutes.. on the way back 15 minutes. The only reason it took longer going is because we dropped the other people off at the Red Hook ferry to St. Johns.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

The cabs should be fine . . . otherwise, you can book an excursion with Carnival, which is what we did. They'll take you to a couple scenic points in the island, as well as to Magan's Bay, some pirate place (forgot what it was called) and shopping.
Old June 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Admiral

On my last cruise, I took one of the open air cab-van thing to Meagan's Bay. It was $8 each way, plus $4 admission into Meagan's Bay. There are loads of these cab-van things right at the pier and again at Meagan's Bay when you are ready to come back. This is a straight shot to and from with no detours for sightseeing.

I never did shop that day so the entire day cost me $26

$16 for cab fare
$4 admission to Meagan's Bay
$6(?) for a lounge chair on the beach.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)