Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Beginner

Default Zip Line at Loterie Farms in St. Martin

We had a group of 19 plus 6 from another family that booked an excursion to Loterie Farms to Zip Line, have lunch and get a tour of the Island – a 6 hour excursion. We met at the dock at 8:30 as planned and got in the bus for our drive to the Farm. We arrived at 9:25am and were told by the owner we were late and would not be able to stay. He said there was another tour scheduled at 9:30 so we could not participate. We pleaded and begged until 10:15 and the other tour had still not arrived but he would not let us, we offered to give up lunch and the tour but he kept saying no. Needless to say we were very angry and disappointed. The owner (who is a new owner) would not budge. He had made up his mind and no one was going to change it. This guy treats people very poorly; he was rude and nasty to us. My advice would be to STAY AWAY FROM LOTERIE FARMS!
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, how unfortunate. Can't believe an owner would not accodomate you, bad rap for him, thanks for the advise.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Beginner

I not too long ago returned from my second trip to Loterie Farms booked thru RCI and we can't wait to go back a third time. The tour company was great and we even had the same tour guide who didn't remember us but didn't pretend to - she was just glad that we returned. Lucky for us our tour guide was chatty as we learned alot of information about the property. In our tour on the way over we were told that the current owner of the park has owned it for over 10 years and the owner of the property have owned it (in their family) since slavery was abolished. In short - they are not new owners. This was THE BEST excursion hands down and Loterie Farms does cater to their cruise line guests who book their excursions through the ship. Anyone else who wants to book on their own does so at their own risk. Who did you book the excursion through? Why not mention their name? Sorry - but we loved everything about this place and do not agree that it deserves a bad rep. To ensure to get on the zip line - book through the ship or run the risk of getting bumped or turned away. This will not change especially as the popularity of the tour grows (and it has).
This is one excursion that I will do everytime I'm in St. Martin and will always book through the ship. The last time we booked we walked with our beach stuff and they arranged for a taxi to pick us up and take us (on our own expense) to Orient Beach - GREAT IDEA. We didn't have to return with the bus - saved time and we had such a fantastic day. We love St. Martin and Loterie Farms!!!!
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Beginner

That's terrible, what a bad experience. But I've done the zip line and it's really fun. I'd try doing it again another time, but definitely with a better tour operator.