Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Beginner

Default Cozumel Drift Snorkeling

This is my second cruise that has a stop in Cozumel. Last time I did a great drift snorkel through a national preserve and ended on a white beach island with volleyball nets and hammocks. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the little island or where I might have snorkeled so if this sounds familiar let me know what it is or pass some good suggestions my way please.

I'm also thinking about Mr. Santos beach but how do you get there?

BTW - We are going Thanksgiving week on the Grand Princess. Any idea on weather?
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, Cozumel is blessed with constant currents (stronger underwater) that keep this beautiful transparence of the water and its colors. There are places you snorkel where you are actually taken by the current (very mellow...no danger) and do not need to swim to get a great "movie" like insight. The same applies to SCUBA diving in Cozumel, for example on most walls/drop offs you dive there is no fin-work required, you just go with the current. Local snorkel and dive guides are very aware of this situation and will lead you through it. It is best to stay with a guide, they know every square meter of the area and can provide you with very useful hints and information. Good luck!