Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Passenger

Default "Name your price"--Priceline Hotel Booking

Need some help. I am going to book a hotel room in Galveston the night before my cruise in November. I was told to try Priceline and "Name Your Own Price". Has anybody done this? How reliable is the booking? It claims 50% off for a 3 star hotel. I'm always looking to save a few dollars, but I don't know what the hidden charges may be. There is a chance for the Hilton, Tremont, and the Galvez. All three are $125 and up a night and up. That would be $62.50 at least, Plus ..... And it's the Plus I'm concerned with.
Sure would appreciate any insight on this.
TIA
Debby
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Hi,

I just booked a three star hotel in downtown Miami for 62.50 (with tax). I think the "plus" they are talking about is the fee it takes to book which is usually around 12 dollars, and the extras that you can get at the hotel. At the hotel I booked, you have to pay extra if you need a parking spot.

What I recommend is to bid the lowest price you think is possible, and if they reject your bid, go up in $5. increments. You should be able to get a great deal!

The only downside to doing the pick your own price is that you don't know exactly what hotel you are going to be booked for until after you pay. You can pick the area, just not the hotel. So, if you are flexible, it's a great way to save some money.
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Yeoman

My friend used this method for booking flights and has great success with it. Its just about the only way she flys now. Carla
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just know what you are doing when using Priceline, especially the area you want to be in. You just bid and they will tell you what hotel, you don't get to pick a specific hotel, so once they accept your bid/price, you are stuck with that.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Default priceline for flights

HOw does Priceline work for flights? Do you choose the location and dates you want to fly and they choose the times and airline? Do you at least get to indicate a broad time of day you want your flight? (Morning, before noon, evening, etc?) . Low air fares can make getting to cruises easier and more affordable.