Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Admiral

Default ORIENT BEACH - St. Maartin

What is your opinion of this hotspot?

Any suggestions for something a little less crowded but with nice facilities?

I don't really need to go to the nudie beach

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The nude beach is only at one end of the entire beach and for the most part, they stay over there. You may see some topless sun bathers, but not that many. I loved Orient beach, very large and lots of water activities, restaurants/bars and plenty of chairs too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Personally, I found the surf a bit rough the day we were there. But its a beautiful beach, great for people watching and soaking up the sun. And if you are a good swimmer, with no fear of the water, you'll be fine "getting in and out of the water". I had my share of problems.
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Admiral

We were told that the short ferry ride to Pinel Island (you can see it from Orient Beach) was well worth it, good snorkeling and lovely beach.

We went to Orient Beach....there were lots of beachgoers that day but the beach area is so huge, we never felt crowded. We rented lounge chairs that had a little table and umbrella and our "beach boy" kept the drinks coming. The water wasn't rough when we were there, just clean, warm and beautiful. My daughter and grandson went for a ride on the "flying fish" and had a blast...an inflatable that literally comes out of the water and flies. Orient Beach was one of the best days on our cruise.
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:46 PM
Beginner

It's my fave beach on the island. You might see some topless women, but the nudity is mostly confined to Club Orient (at the end of the beach). There are amazing restaurants, lots of watersports, bars, everything you could want.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Stopped there on a self-booked tour. Was sitting at the bar for a quick drink and a 70+ year old man walked into the bar totally naked. Just food for thought............the beach itself was quite crowded that day. I did not swim so can't remember how the waves were.
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Orient Beach is one of my favorite (I guess I have one favorite on each island). There's so much to do, and it's a great place to people watch. Unfortunately, all the people I saw who were walking around nude, really had no business doing so, but who am I to judge? I think it's wonderful that they have enough self esteem to do it.