Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Passenger

Default Antigua: Turner's Beach and Devil's Bridge

Hi Cruisemates,
I'll be in Antigua on a stop on the Carnival Destiny this December and would really like to visit Turner's Beach and Devil's Bridge. I'll be traveling alone and can book a 3 hour island tour with Lawrence of Antigua for $50 which includes entrance to English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and Shirley Heights as well as a stop at Devil's Bridge. At the end of the tour, I can get dropped off at Turner's Beach and he will come back to get me at any time I wish.

My question is would it be less costly to jump in a taxi by myself and have them take me to Devil's Bridge and drop me off at Turner's Beach and then catch another taxi back to the ship? Would it be foolish to miss out on the island tour of Antigua? I like to see everything I can in the places I travel to, but from what I've read there's not much to see on Antigua and the beaches are the main attraction.

Thanks for all of your input!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
First Mate

We took a private taxi for 4 people, but only to English Harbor & Shirley Heights.

The Taxi tour was $20 per person + tip (Plus $5 admission (each) to the park)

We really enjoyed Nelson's Dockyard, but then again we are both history buffs.

We also enjoyed the view from Shirley Heights where you can see Eric Clapton's Antigua home and studio.

As you can see, with Devil's Bridge thrown in, Lawrence's tour sounds like a good deal compared to what we did. Plus he is experienced enough to know when to get you back to the ship.

While you are there, try and watch some Cricket!

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Passenger

Go with Lawrence, you won't be sorry. We used him for our trip in October and he was excellent. The tour around antigua shows you how beautiful the island is. We enjoyed Turner's beach, nice restaurant, not cheap but good. You can count of Lawrence and his crew to make sure you are well taken care of, back to the ship on time etc. Worth every penny!
Anne