Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Beginner

Default Cave-tubing.com is FANTASTIC!

HIGHLY recommend “Cave-tubing.com!�

We booked a full day tour on November 27 with Cave-tubing.com and it was FANTASTIC!

I had emailed Yhony many times before our trip and he ALWAYS got back to me in a timely manner. I didn’t want to go cave tubing so I had to find someone who would be our driver for a full day tour. Yhony agreed to take care of us for a reasonable cost (less than other private drivers I contacted).

I was not sure which one of Yhony’s staff would be driving us. So I asked if he could drive us because he had been so kind to me through our email conversations. He said he probably wouldn’t be able to do it because he is very busy running the business.

Well, when we arrived for our tour, guess who was waiting for us! Yes, it was Yhony AND his “assistant,� Lerone who is “learning the ropes� under Yhony! He was also a fantastic young man. Very polite, mannerly and helpful for a person his age!

We did the ATV tour first. What an experience. Yhony and Lerone took video and pictures of us the whole way through. Who could ask for more! Then we went to the zoo and Yhony walked through and explained everything to us! We felt like “royalty� the whole day!

Then Yhony drove us around and gave us a tour of the island. We ended up having a delicious lunch! Despite the rain, it was a fantastic day!

I cannot say enough about Yhony and his “team!� He is a most respectful, honest, and caring person. And he has done a great job teaching and coaching his staff to be the same. We felt EXTREMELY safe with him. He is a hard working man with a big heart and would never be unfair to anyone. And his sense of humor is icing on the cake!!!!!

If you are thinking about cave tubing, ATV tour or just an island tour you can’t go wrong with Yhony at Cave-tubing.com

Email me if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Beginner

Default cave tubing

My hubby and I will be cave tubing with Jhony in Feb. Eventhough you didn't do the cave tubing how was everyone that you were with. How much did you tip? We are doing both the ATV ride and the cave tubing and are really looking forward to it. any suggestions or info. would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Beginner

When we went, we were by ourselves. I hired Yhony to be our tour guide and take us around for the full day. I guess we are a little different in that we like to tour alone and not with a big crowd of people.

Regarding tipping...I'm not sure. My husband took care of paying the bill but we are usually pretty big tippers. Especially if we had a good time and we DID!

I have read some other reviews regarding the guys that work for Yhony and they were very positive! So you can't go wrong with cavetubing.com! They will take good care of you! Have fun!
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:36 AM
StephenAGoreJr

Hey there are a bunch of us college aged students going during the first week of March. Do you think it will be worth going? I know this sounds bad but some are really big into drinking on their first ever cruise. It is their last spring break so! Let me know if we should do that or if there is something better to do in Belize. Take care.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info! We also booked with them (thanks to recommendations on this board) and will be doing the ATV/Cavetubing tour with them in February.
Old February 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Passenger

Any tips for tipping???
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default cave tubing in Belize

Hubby and I are back from our ATV/cave tubing in Belize with Evon from cave-tubing.com. It was fantastic. The guys were great and we had the time of our lives doing the 2 excursions. They are the best and I would highly recommend them to everyone. They even gave us some cashew wine and it will knock off your socks. Please use them. They are great.
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jhallah2
Default cave-tubing.COM

best tour operators ever. our group of 20, all ages 10-55, loved this tour. These guys are lots of fun and certainly seem more organized than some other tours on the river. People that booked through the ship looked confused at how organized we were. Best thing ever to do in Belize. Truly unique.

Stephen, I'm 21, in college, planning on going on sb in March, and i'm making sure Belize is on the cruise just because of this tour. Get on the first bus out (its an hour or so drive) and you'll have time to stop at this really cool restaurant in the middle of nowhere. The local Belize beer is really good and cheap. You can pound some post-tubing.
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Passenger

Default Safe Cave Tubing

Seems from all indications the two popular independent cave tubing companies in Belize are .COM and Major Tom at Cave-Tubing.NET - the latter adds zipline if required and both sell the cave tubing tour for $45 per adult and $25 for kids. We liked Major Tom for his total insistence of safety first, second, and last, plus the fantastic knowledge their guides had on the country, the rainforest and the caves. In fact while others seem to be almost running through the trail to the caves, our guys at .NET spent time here and there explaining away about the various bush remedies contained in the jungles. We even tasted termites - shades of "Survivor" - they were minty. And the sugar cane - sweet. We even managed to grab a couple ripe guavas off a tree near the trail - delicious! All in all, a great buy at half the ship's price, and four times the fun !!!
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Beginner

Loved cave tubing with Yhony. A group of 8 ranging from 55 to 75 went in March of 07 We ALL had a blast. The walk to where you actually get in to the water is about a 30 to 45 minute walk. Through the woods,it's not a bad walk four of us smoke and had no problem doing the hike. I can't say enough about the staff they where great they even carried our tubes for us. Waited on the trail for a few slow pokes in our group. The caves are not scary at all. They are rather beautiful I would love to go again
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to punk

We did the cave tubing with Yhony and his guys! They were fabulous! VERY well mannered, polite and extremely entertaining - great sense of humor. We originally contacted them because of their price but quickly booked because of Yhony himself and his quick and knowledgable replies to our emails.
A BIG SIGN - Yhony's group requires NO PAYMENT in advance. You pay for your tour after it's over. Just lets you know they are really working for their money!
October 2006 Carnival Miracle
October 2009 Carnival Legend
[/
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Admiral

We did a tour with Yhony as well. It was GREAT!!

He saves his guests some money by not "paying" the fee to be inside The Village.

That is why he meets you at the front door and drops you off at the front door.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Beginner

I went with Yhony in December 2008 and it was the best experience. His guys were the best got us to the caves first and we had a great time. Would recommend them to anyone thinking about cave tubing. We had a tour of the area on the way to the caves along with some cashew wine that was delish! Then on the way back stopped at a little resturant for some good(cheap) beer and snacks. We could also buy t-shirts if you wanted. I had a large group and he got us own bus. It was new bus (the best they had) Then they got us back to port with enough time to shop because some people in my group wanted to shop. Again if you are thinking about cave tubing go with cave-tubing.com They are the best!