Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Jamica What's UP

Looking for excursion in Jamica and Carnival is only offering Two. Then I here the Jamica Army is helping the police. Looks like this may not be the best of ports. For those of you just getting back can you let us know what you think. Thank you.. Looks like we might want to stay close to the ship.
2006 Carnival Pride / Mexican Riviera
2008 Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean
2009 Sapphire Princess / Mexican Riv

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Jamaica tips

If you're going to Ocho Rios, I suggest booking a tubing trip down the White River. Absolutuely unforgettable! As long as your excursion is leaving from the terminal area, you should have no problems, but heaven help you if you venture outside the security sector on foot. DW and I made the mistake of venturing out to take in the local color after returning from the tubing thing. Bad move. We were instantly set upon by a throng of Rasta-types asking us how much dope we wanted to buy, and these dudes just do not take "No, thank you" for an answer. All this under the watchful eye of Jamaicas finest. I suppose if we were knifed to a bloody mass they might have come to our aid eventually. If you're committed to going , do the White River thing, but be safe!
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drjacktravel

We just got back from Ocho Rios 3 days ago and was on a Royal Caribbean ship. Check out www.phil-lafayette-tours.com We booked a tour with Phil online about 2 weeks prior to our cruise. We had a family group of 14 and we had a blast! He actually called me from Jamaica to confirm and to welcome us. He met us at the end of the pier took us to Dunn's River Falls, to a lunch, some sightseeing, and then dropped us near the ship for some shopping. His total cost for this tour was $35.00 and, of course, we gave him a good tip for taking good care of us! Please feel free to e-mai me or post a questions here. jack
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Beginner

Hello,
We always book our excursions with Peat Taylor (peattaylor.com). Prices are reasonable and include entry to Dunn's River Falls. We have booked with him many times and he makes sure we see a new side of Jamaica each time. He will let you experience the island as a local - purchasing pure sugar cane for you to try and taking you around via side roads that tourists are unaware of. Plus the history lesson is a plus for children.

Enjoy your cruise!