Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Beginner

Default roatan, shore excursions

does anybody have any ideas of what to do in roatan, any responses much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Default roatan tour

we've heard great things about boddentours.com and planned one for feb. 08. they'll customize your day for a small fee, even taking you to the tour company owner's home to see his monkeys.
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Back in May of this year, I enjoyed "Discover Roatan" tour through Carnival. It included a boat ride though the harbour seeing ship wrecks, Marble Hill Farm, and "Yubu: Garifuna experience".

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Passenger

I am going to check into this boddentours! Thanks for the info!
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Last January my son 8, daughter 12 and I did Pirates, Birds and Monkeys through Carnival. It was neat to hold the monkeys and birds but you really only get to hold them for a minute to pose for a picture. The kids really liked it.

My husband and son 18 did the ziplining at the same park. They loved it.
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Passenger

I havent been there yet but plan on getting a taxi to the beach and doing some snorkeling on our own. Roatan has the worlds second largest barrier reef. Second only to the great barrier reef in Australia! I just cant go there and miss out on seeing that.
Old February 15th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Passenger

Just returned from Roatan - booked thru TherisDixon@yahoo.com who contracts for Bodden Tours. She was an excellent guide for the day, taking us to the best beaches (West End, Sandy Bay, Lawson Rock), best seafood (Half Moon), great shopping in West End Village and a general drive around the island. She's an island native and her husband is a guide for fishing, snorkeling, etc. with a boat. We'd look her up again next time for sure.
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Beginner

We did Jolly Roger snorkling The bus trip to the boat was great got to see the island. After snorkling they served lunch of fried chicken,rice mashed taters ,beer and soda,water. The lunch was wonderful. Iwas surprised on just how good. The crew was very friendly and polite.
Old January 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I suggest looking on the website for your reservation to see what tours are available.

I've done Discover Roatan and Roatan West Island tour. I enjoyed both. Pirates, parrots, and monkey's was a popular tour. One thing to note, according to the CD, Gumbalimba park is only available and open to ship passengers on a ship tour, and not for the those doing Roatan on their own. If this is true, I do not know, all I can go by is what the CD said at the talk (that I watched on the tv in the cabin). There are at least four or five tours and I am sure they have a fair number of people who go on that tour....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
Gumbalimba park is only available and open to ship passengers on a ship tour, and not for the those doing Roatan on their own. If this is true, I do not know,
This is true. It's only bookable through the ship or a participating hotel. I know some folks who were able to get in on their own by lying and saying that a hotel sent them. This was on advise from a cab driver and it worked. I'm not sure I would try this because if they don't let you in you've wasted your time and cab ride.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Beginner

Default Jolly Roger tour

Hi there,
I was glad to hear about the good time on the Jolly Roger tour. I worked for the owner for a few years getting his cats up to snuf for the work in Roatan. It took 4 years to get them all done. Interestingly, the owners first name is Roger, I never thought he was that Jolly though, Ha!
I know most of the Capt. and they are pretty darn good.
PS, I have no interest in the company, just pleased to know they are doing a good job.
I live on the mainland, in La Ceiba, Honduras and I am an Expat from U.S.

Russty
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

In 2007, we booked the zip lines. I did not use Carnivals website. I found one online and contacted them. It was awesome.

Carnival Fantasy June '02
Carnival Fantasy Oct '03
Carnival Valor April '07
RCI Explorer of Seas April '09
Carnival Freedom April '11
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Passenger

Default Isla Roatan

We were in Isla Roatan 2 years ago and we found the people to be just wonderful and friendly. My hubby and I are even thinking of retiring there. We hired a private tour outside the gates and took the most spectacular island tours. We also went to private beach and had lunch on the beach. The snorkeling and diving is wonderful there, lots of sea life to see and the water of course is like a bathtub. Enjoy your time.

Debs6475 8)
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Roatan

have you checked out RoatanCruiseExcursions
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Passenger

We visited Roatan with NCL's Pearl this past April. We spent the day at Coray Cay-which was beautiful. Nice beach, great food, and snorkeling was terrific. We loved the beach-just beautiful and they even have turtles, and nurse sharks on exhibit to view. Very well maintained place. This was an excursion with NCL, but I believe you can take a taxi there. Not very far from the port -less than 15 minutes away. We even had live music playing, and a wonderful singer who sang right on the beach-a very tropical atmosphere indeed! Just beautiful!