Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Beginner

Default Will be in Puerto Rico from 3p-11p

Our ship will be docked in San Juan Puerto Rico from 3p to 11p, can anyone tell me what would be fun to do. My husband and I are young 23 & 24 and want something fun and exciting to do. Also my parents will be with us and would love to do something with them as well. So any ideas that anyone may have would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you dock at pier 4, when you come off of the ship,walk off the pier go to the left about one block and there is a free shuttle that will take you up to the forts and on the way back it goes thru Old San Juan and leaves you where you boarded.You can If you want walk back to see something that you seen and might want to see.The shuttles look like cable cars.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I agree with Pop, visit El MOrro, great views from there. You'll actually view it on your way into the harbour. I believe they close down for the day by 5:00, so you'd need to do that right away.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
Passenger

Default if you dock on a Tuesday

Go see the folkloric show at Fort san Cristobal at 6 pm at $3 p/p.
Go earlier and walk around the fort until the show starts.
Here is a clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azqCv...eature=related
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Familiar Face

Touring and sampling at the Bacardi rum distllery is a great choice.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Check out the kayak trips to Bioluminescent Bay. This is one shore X that I would definitely book through the ship has there is quite a bit of travel time involved. Really cool experience if you're in to that sort of thing. Check online to see how full the moon will be the night of your port stop. Less moon, or overcast sky, the better! The forts are a don't miss too! I love San Juan at night, it is beautiful.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:50 AM
Passenger

Default we enjoyed ourselves with..

countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com
our driver Jose took us to the rain forest and was very informative and sweet
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Passenger

Go to the Old San Juan Hotel restaurant. It's a fun place. I don't know why all the cruise ships stop at this port (especially for the late day/evening hours. This is probably my least favorite port and we've been there at least 8 times. Now, I usually stay on the ship, unless we're there during prime beach hours.
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default Fun in Puerto Rico

Well you can start with free rum punches at the Visitors Center. Get off ship, walk left and you run into it. Then lots and lots of shops in Old San Juan - uphill until you reach plaza. Flop and have lunch there if your parents enjoy Art Museums the one in San Juan is excellent. Taxi there and back.
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM
First Mate

We were on the Mariner a couple of weeks ago with the same schedule in San Juan. By the time the ship had cleared customs/immigration, we weren't able to get off until 4 p.m. There were some tour guides out on the pier, one of whom took our friends on a city/OSJ tour for $25 pp. They really enjoyed that. We wanted to go over to the Rum factory, but by the time we would have caught the ferry, and then a taxi, it would have been ready to close at 5 p.m.

Instead, we went down the boardwalk, and we went on a Segway tour! (located by the ferry dock) It was something different to do, and we really enjoyed it.

El Morro should be at the top of the to-do list, though, if you haven't been there. Quite impressive! Take a taxi up, and wander your way back down to the pier through Old San Juan. It is like being in Europe.

Have a great cruise!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Default Segway tour

Sheffie - where did the Segway tour take you?
Anyone know of a good snorkelling tour to take off ship if in San Juan from 10am - 11pm?
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Segway tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by bed7ford
Sheffie - where did the Segway tour take you?
Anyone know of a good snorkelling tour to take off ship if in San Juan from 10am - 11pm?
We went left, down around the fortification wall up to the old red gateway into Old San Juan. We left the Segways there and then walked up to the statue of the priest and the people with torches. We came back just about the same way.

I know there is some Segway tour that goes up by El Morro, because we saw them last time we were in SJ. I don't know where that one originates, or how long it is , or how much it costs. This was $35 for 45 minutes. The one we saw in St. Maarten was an hour, but it cost $60 pp.

It gave us a taste of the fun of a Segway, and we had a nice tour guide.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM
First Mate

I understand the Salsa clubs really don't start up until after 10:00 pm. Can anyone confirm this? I'd love to see some live music but don't want to see the ship sail without me!

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas