Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Passenger

Default Info on St Lucia, barbados & Tortola

I booked the cruise and now would like some help from people who have visited these islands. St Lucia, Barbados & Tortola. What are the best excursions to take? (not through the cruise ship) Is it better to get a taxi and explore on your own? What are the highlights of each island and the must places to see and do? Thank you
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Panama 12/05
Carnival Valor, Western 1/05
Married on Carnival Destiny, Southern 12/2000
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas 11/97
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to LauraJo08

we are going to barbados in 3 weeks and after reading several different websites about excursions we decided on taking a catamaran/scuba diving/lunch tour with cool runnings. it's pretty pricey (80.00 pp) but I have heard that it is AMAZING.

here's the website if you are interested.

http://www.coolrunningsbarbados.com/index2.html

Past Cruises
~NCL Sun Feb 07
~HAL Maasdam Nov 01

Countries Visited
Guatemala, Belize, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, France, England, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM
First Mate

In Barbados we went on the Silver Moon http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm 2 different times. It is a wonderful catamaran experience. We really loved swimming with the turtles.

St. Lucia is the island where I suggest that you take a land tour. There is a drive-in volcano, a stand-in waterfall, lush foilage and beautiful scenery everywhere. If you get a guide who will take you to the beach between the Pitons, you will love it! Here are a couple that we and friends have used and raved about. http://www.stluciafrank.com/ http://www.cosol-tours.com/ http://www.herodtours.com/
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Passenger

In Barbados we went to Boatyard Beach! It was beautiful!!! Not too crowded! There is a rope to swing from into the water from the pier! My husband just loved it! I have to say it is one of the prettiest beaches I have been too. Try a BRC (banana liquor, rum and colida - i think) drink! Yummy!

In St. Lucia we took a 7 hour tour through the ship! It was way too long for us. We toured the island a bit. We enjoyed that. Did the volcano. I liked that too. Took a catamaran to the black sand beach. I wasn't impressed with the black sand beach. The sand wasn't that black.
Mairiner of the Seas 05/04
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In Barbados, take the Harrisons Cave Tour...We did it and who would have known this lady, would have liked caves so much:):)

They have been refurbished, and they should even be more enjoyable now.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 18th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Admiral

I agree with all the posters. In addition on Tortola Cane Bay Beach is great and I always recommend The Baths on Virgin Gorda if you have the time
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Passenger

I'm going on the Destiny in June so I"m doing the same research. Has anyone taken a tour with Glory tours in Barbados? THat is one I saw somewhere but would like to verify. Everyone says the ctamaran/turtle swim is great! I found the sams tours as the others for St. Lucia.. I have contacted cosoltours, jungletoursstlucia.com and fabiantoursstlucia.com which have all been recommended here. Not sure which one to go with yet. Anyone know what the difference between a sulphur bath vs a mineral bath?? Good luck with your search!!
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We have been to all three places - all fab!

St. Lucia - recommend a good beach - Rodney bay - about 20min away in taxi - loads to do there!

Barbados - Turtle swim/snorkle - turtles are the thing in Barbados

Tortola - Dolphin Swim - a one in a life time experience well worth doing.

I have posted the relative websites/tour details for each place on www.cruisegossip.co.uk incase its of any help. Sorry but there is too much to relay here. All the places/activities can def be done on your own. I hope you have a fun cruise!!
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:09 PM
Familiar Face

Unfortunately, our Barbados part of cruise was docking, and pulling out within minutes as there were 17 - 20 ft. waves and unsafe for us
We ended up with 2 days at sea on our return to San Juan!

In St. Lucia, we used Herod. His new website isn't fully operational yet, but we were able to contact him via email
hstanislas@ cw.blackberry.net

He was wonderful. We were picked up at the ship promptly at the time he said, and taken in his own car for a wonderful trip. He was gracious, stopping whenever we wanted for photo ops, and paying our admissions, as well as buying us bananas, fish cakes, hot butter bread, and supplying a cooler full of water, soda, beer. He is very personable and imparts his knowledge of the island with ease. We will surely use his services again! His tour summary on the web site is exactly what you get and more!