Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Beginner

Default How's weather in January in the Caribbean?

I'm looking at a cruise that goes to Antigua, Barbados, Saint Martin, Saint Tomas, and Tortola. What is the tempeture like, is there a breeze, and is there humdidy. Is this a good choice of Islands? I physicaly don't do well in the heat.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: How's weather in January in the Caribbean?

rdubin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm looking at a cruise that goes to Antigua, Barbados, Saint Martin, Saint Tomas, and Tortola. What is the tempeture like, is there a breeze, and is there humdidy. Is this a good choice of Islands? I physicaly don't do well in the heat.
Thanks
The winter is the dry season, so you may encounter a shower or two but humidity is generally quite low. Normal daytime temperatures are around 30 C (86 F) and normal nighttime temperatures are around 20 C (68 F). Most of the islands are small enough so the wind is a very pleasant sea breeze no matter which way it's blowing.

And if you are going swimming, you probably will find ocean temperatures that are ideal!

Norm.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Admiral

I've often cruised in the Caribbean in January/February and found the weather to be wonderful. Not too hot.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old March 31st, 2008, 05:15 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We always go to the caribbean in Jan/Start feb. The heat is always good - its sunny, reasonably hot but with a very low humidity so you think its cooler than actually is. Yes your choice of Islands is a good one - all very beautiful and loads to do when you get there. If you want info there are some good website links at www.cruisegossip.co.uk - contains info on the best excursions to do at diff places. Some include Caribbean ports.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Passenger

WHILE YOU ARE IN TORTOLA TRY TO GET AN EXCURSION TO VIRGIN GORDA ,B.V.I. THEY HAVE A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT CALLED "THE BATHS". INCREDIBLE SNORKELING.