Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Major Tom's Cave Tubing in Belize

Has anyone used Major Tom's cave tubing service in Belize?

We found them on line and are thinking of contacting them for our February 2008 trip.

Thanks and safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to had2book

if you like bats and snakes its a great time
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Default Major Tom's cave tubing in Belize

Used them on three occasions - twice by cruise and once when we stayed for 6 days (3 days inland, 3 days on Caye Caulker - great holiday!!). Excellent service - remarkably knowleadgable guides who've apparently been at this particular tour since 1992 (pretty much one of the founders of this tour at the park site called "Caves Branch" - Major Tom himself is a real life retired army major, and his son, Tom Jr ("Minor Tom") is also an excellent guide, as well as the other lads known as George of the Jungle, Mike, and Junior, among others. We had a group of 20 cave tubing and ziplining, with two nice air conditioned vans. Local Belizean lunch was yummy. That day we also took in the zoo - full day of adventure. Whooo Hooo. The e-mail addy is info@cave-tubing.net. Tell them "Togo Chief" sent you!!!!
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info.

Looks like a great tour and lots of fun.

To date we have 6 (maybe 10) in our group that would like to cave tube.

Will email them and get more info.

Thanks and safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Admiral

This is my DH's all time favorite tour! Have fun.
Marty
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Passenger

We just booked with them for our June Valor cruise! Less than a month away!woohoo!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Beginner

Hello,
I didn't notice a reply to your post and was curious if you got one? I was down in Belize 2 years ago, but didn't hear of Major Tom's cave tubing service. The title alone sounds like it'd be a great time! I did enjoy Caye Calker, as the highlight of my trip. I mean, an island with golf carts as the main mode of transportation. What a great time.
Cheers
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Default Major Tom's Cave Tubing in Belize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrdwilliams
Hello,
I didn't notice a reply to your post and was curious if you got one? I was down in Belize 2 years ago, but didn't hear of Major Tom's cave tubing service. The title alone sounds like it'd be a great time! I did enjoy Caye Calker, as the highlight of my trip. I mean, an island with golf carts as the main mode of transportation. What a great time.
Cheers
I found this on another website and thought it reflected exactly how we felt about the tour - in fact it looks exactly like what we did. BTW - we noticed on our recent tour back in Belize that the highway to the site, and the six mile road in to the site were all paved!! Wonderful!! Made for a great ride. Here's the copy of the quote :

Cave tubing with Tom Greenwood (Major Tom)

Major Tom Greenwood runs a first class operation. His website with more information is www.cave-tubing.net and he picked us up right outside the dock with a well marked sign. Tom then wisks you off in a nice van and gives you ice cold bottles of water for the trip. After about an hour ride with nice scenery (part of it is a bit bumpy), you get to the caves. There are bathroom/changing rooms available for before and after your tubing. Tom provides water tight lights (I think they are diving lights), which come in handy. You get a great guided walk through the jungle for about 30 minutes and then embark on your cave tour.

This is where Tom really shines. He has been doing this longer than anybody else and knows a lot about the caves and the Maya who originally used them. He made your feel like you were really exploring the caves as you slowly drift along. He paints great word pictures of the Maya and then backs it up by showing you all of the interesting formations that the Maya thought were part of the path to the underworld. At the end of the trip, we enjoyed a great lunch of BBQ chicken and veggies. My son couldn't get enough of the food and was asking others if he could have their leftovers!

Tom's son was also on our trip and I have a feeling he will be just as good as his father! We loved the trip, loved the stories and highly recommend him. In fact, I'll be returning on another cruise in December and plan to take my kids, my parents and friends who are cruising with us back to see Tom!