Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Chiapas, Mexico Any info appreciated

Hi! I am trying to figure out the best shorex to organize for a group of about 12-16 in this port but I am finding very little info out there... as this is a relatively new port, has anyone done a really memorable shore excursion in this port? Anything not to miss?

Not really interested in touring a Tilapia farm...

Any advice appreciated.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Manya, I have not heard a thing about this new port, I will have to google it..Mexico does create resort, and cruise areas like no other:):)

Also a Tilapia farm, would not be on my to do list either..:):) I hope somone who has visited can help you..One suggestion is, to also post this under the Cruise line forum you will be cruising on.

I did find this.....

Mexico has long been known for its charming cobblestone villages, colorful marketplaces and wide stretches of beach. More recently, Mexico also has become a popular eco-adventure destination. Millions of dollars are being invested in beachside and jungle resorts, where guests are invited to not only admire nature, but become a part of it.

Puerto Chiapas is one such place where the natural landscape takes center stage. White-water rafting, horseback riding and jungle trekking are just a few of the area's popular activities. Those who hope to delve into the Mayan culture won't be disappointed either, as the Mayan archeological site of Palenque is nearby.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you! I have been trying to find tour companies but I don't think there are any that are organized enough to have a website etc... at least if they do, they need some search engine keyword help
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Beginner

Hi,

I am going to this port in October and can't find any information either. Palenque is an airplane trip - no thank you.

I was wondering about the beaches and snorkeling.

Can anyone help?

Oregonskier
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

still no info... should I just suggest for everyone to wander the town site?