Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Passenger

Default WALK INTO DOWNTOWN ARUBA FROM THE PIER??

My DW and I will be on a 10 day cruise in October that includes a stop on Aruba. We are very interested in sticking to downtown Oranjestat, and taking in lunch, some "sightseeing" and shopping.

We are figuring we can get off the ship at a leisurely pace (after the "madding" excursion crowds have departed), and make our way downtown.

Is it a practical walk to downtown from the pier? How long will it take? Do we need to take a cab?

Thanks.

Cruising to the Panama Canal on the Island Princess in October, 2008
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi BC,
No, you don't need a cab, downtown is right by the pier. Now, if you want to get to a beach, then you may need to either take a cab or there is a huge bus station right by the pier as well and they go to the beaches.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It's been a few years, and I am anxious to get back to Aruba, but we walked....There is a shopping area right near the pier that was being built last time we were there..and it seems alot more to has made that area a shoppers delight...Have a ball!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The downtown harborfront area of Oranjestad bursts with modern colorful malls that produce a distinctive architechtural trademark. The major downtown shopping centers are the The Atrium, Port of Call Marketplace, Royal Plaza, Seaport Marketplace, Seaport Village Mall and the Strada Complex I and II.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Aruba is great...there's a lot of shopping to be done there. If you would like to see some photos that were taken last October when we visited while cruising on Crown Princess, I have many including the streets of downtown shopping and all the colorful shops. You can email me at scarroll1@nycap.rr.com and I would be happy to show you all the pictures I took including the ones at Palm Beach were all the resorts are located.

Enjoy
Shari
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Aruba is great...there's a lot of shopping to be done there. If you would like to see some photos that were taken last October when we visited while cruising on Crown Princess, I have many including the streets of downtown shopping and all the colorful shops. You can email me at scarroll1@nycap.rr.com and I would be happy to show you all the pictures I took including the ones at Palm Beach were all the resorts are located.

Enjoy
Shari
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Enjoy
Shari
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks