Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:03 AM
First Mate

Default three islands st maarten st lucia and st kitts

I booked the cruise and now would like some help from people who have visited these islands. St Lucia, st kitts and st martin. What are the best excursions to take? (not through the cruise ship) Is it better to get a taxi and explore on your own? What are the highlights of each island and the must places to see and do? Thank you

we are with six persons

-------------------------------
carnival sensation 11/93
carnival destiny 03/06
carnival freedom 07/07
carnival miracle 02/09
rci serenade of the seas 01/10
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Of your 3 ports, I have only been to St Maarten. We have visited Orient Beach,[partially nude] and Baby Beach. We have also done the island tour, which we enjoyed alot..

On the French side we left the tour, dined by the water, and cabbed back to port. $$$ shopping on the french side, best deals on the Dutch.

Here is a website to check out some great excursions...

http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 18th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Admiral

so much depends upon what you want to do or want to try.
Like Trip i have only been to St.Maarten. If you want to just hit the beach then just grab a cab at the pier and head over to Orient Beach, the shopping is really good in St. Maarten also, so after the beach, head back to the ship, drop off your beach gear, and then grab the water taxi at the pier and head into downtown for some really good shopping this is on the Dutch Side, if you want to shop the French Side then you could do that after the beach and before you head back to the ship. There are a couple of really good ships excursions that are worth a consideration. We love the Golden Eagle Catamaran Sail- its sailing, beach, snorkeling. IF you want something really fun and a bit more adventurous then look into the Americas Cup Sailing Regatta
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I forgot, we did the semi sub tour in St Martin, and just loved it!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 21st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Captain

We always shop in St. THomas, but want to go to St. John this year.
In St. Martin we spent some time on the beah by the pier- Fab stand called 'whole lotta colada' I think 50 flavors of frozen thingees- then we walked around and shopped.

St. Lucia - we did an all day excuriosn- included a long bus ride over the island, plantation tour, lunch, rum punch (small cups) and snorkeling.
I have now checked St.Lucia off my list of things to do.
St Kitts we did a catamaran snorkel thing- loved it! excellent rum drink- the name sounded omninous- death trap or something- made with a local rum. I danced with one of the island boys until my husband told me to sit down! I am rhytmically challenged- not a good dancer! but it was great punch!
Grandeur of the Seas, 8/99
Mercury, 11/98
Century, 10/97
Fascination, 10/96
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Admiral

St. Martin - the French side
St. Kitts - the sugar cane train
St. Lucia - island tour
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
First Mate

We took the tour of St. Lucia with Cosol and it was amazing. Not only did we get a great full day tour, he stopped at several spots along the way and treated us to local food and drink. I'm not sure what kind of bread he offered. It was almost gourd shaped and very fresh. He also had rum punch and Piton beer.

I have also heard good things about Frank's Tour and Fabian's Tour as well, but the only one I can speak to was Cosol's. You should be able to check on all three by googling them online. Once you decide, book early and they will meet you at the docks.

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Beginner

There is a zip line in St Marten that is fun. They don't take AMX but take all others. The American cup sailing excursion has always had great reviews so consider that also.

In St. Kitts I think everyone should see the fort at least once. The sights are unbelievable! it does have steep stairs so if mobility is an issue I would skip the Fort. We always rent a car there, it is pretty easy to get around.