Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Beginner

Default Private tours - Eastern Caribbean Cruise - advice please!

We have just booked a cruise for next March which calls at the following places: Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas and Princess Cays (Bahamas). We would like to 'do our own thing' as far as possible and maybe book some private tours rather than book tours through the ship. Can anyone recommend good private tour companies/taxis to use? There are 2 of us travelling and we would just like to see a bit of the various islands in perhaps a half day island tour. We are interested in views and scenery and would not want to visit shops/factories etc. Also, do any of the islands have towns which can be visited on foot from the cruise ship dock or is transport needed at any/all of them? Any help and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Give portpromotions.com a try..I used them in Barbados, and I know many others who have as well, over the years...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Beginner

Thanks very much. I have bookmarked portpromotions - looks like a useful site.
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default eastern port websites

another couple of great companies that we have used to book tours are

St Thomas Cruise Excursions and Caribbean Shore Tours
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Beginner

Thanks very much angelfish. Will look these up. Do you know if it is correct that at Bridgetown (Barbados) you have to get a shuttle from the ship to the cruise terminal then another bus into the town? Also, does anyone know if you have to tender at St Kitts?
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
First Mate

We took a private tour with Cosol in St. Lucia. He has a website but I can't seem to find my old link. It was an amazing tour and he provided local food and drink along the way. I still wish I could find some of that St. Lucian bread he bought for us.

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Beginner

Thanks for that. Just looked them up - http://www.cosol-tours.com - looks very good!
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
First Mate

He also carries his home made rum punch and Piton Beer (the local island brew), both very good. Also, don't miss out on the fried fish and banana ketchup with Johnnie cakes by the botanical gardens. In some cases he will have his brother, Yellowbird, drive a second van. This happened with us and we found his brother as entertaining as well. They caravan with each other making stops at the same time. Hope you will enjoy - we certainly did.

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas