Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Belize Canopy zipline and cave tubing $99 special

Has anyone seen this? Island Marketing, Belize Cruise Excursions is running this for only $99 now. We did it this summer and we thought it was a great price at $110, I'm considering booking this tour again for our cruise in Jan:-)
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Passenger

Default Belize caving and zipline

That's a great price, AngelFish. Go for it. We paid $110 for the combined cave tubing and zipline and the lunch was separate at $6, but very good at a local roadside restaurant. I am sure one can bargain for the lower rate. We're returning in July 2009, and you can be sure we will ask for the special reduced rate from our guys - Major Tom and the Fun Team at cave-tubing.net They were incredibly good, and small wonder - we are told that Major Tom practically founded that tour in the deep jungles at the time, way back in 1992 !!! He's been at it since and we thought he was tops - other groups passing us by on the trail to the caves actually stopped to hear this man speak about the rainforest and the caves. I cannot say enough!!! We (9 of us in the family) were totally happy.
Old September 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to clwgal

It sounds like the same tours that the cruise line sells. There is a little hut at the docks the ships tender takes you to that have all the same tours the ship offers. This trip was cancelled on my day due to the weather. It had rained the night before and the tubing couldn't be done due to the water rising too much in the caves. I would just make sure that you can get your money back if bad weather cancels the trip. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a problem trying a tour that is offered by someone other than the ship. Enjoy.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Passenger

Default Who to tour with - Cruiseline or Independent

If I remember right, all the independent companies I saw on the web have their "money back" guarantee. Also, when the cruiselines cancel cave tubing, take into consideration that their guide/guest ratio is like 20-25 to a guide (difficult for control and safety), whereas the independent guys have a 6-10 guest/guide ratio, know the river system well, and I have seen time and time again, such as Thursday 18 September 2008, that the cruiselines cancelled cave tubing, and yet 6 independent companies carried out the tour - safely and with fun!!!! I say, whatever, go ashore and check out the real story before you accept any cancel signal. One website of an independent actually asks its confirmed guests to go ashore and double check the cave status, accept another tour, or arrange a refend !!!