Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Beginner

Default HELP!! Booking Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon on our own

We will be cruising the Carnival Glory to Nassau on Nov 23, 2008. I wanted to book the dolphin encounter through them but it is full already. I can book directly with Blue Lagoon but our ship leaves at 2:00 and I am nervous about missing it. The Blue Lagoon people say I will be on all the same shuttles as the Carnival passengers who booked through carnival. Does anyone have experience with this tour???
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
First Mate

Wow, here I am giving advice to someone with the name, LSUTexan? (Don't let any other okies know.)
I did the Blue Lagoon swim in September. I did this through Carnival. I did notice however that "other" people were on the same ferry with us both on the way and the return trip. If you are able to book this directly, I would do it. You will save some cash, and I highly reccomend the experience. They offer several packages. Not sure which one you are interested in. We did the one where you get in the water and interact with the dolphins, and do the dolphin swim at the end of it. Everyone in the group had a blast.
Good luck on the cruise, and let us know how it works out.
Old October 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Beginner

Thanks reverendjeff for the reply. I am glad to hear there were "others" on your shuttle as the company told us. We did book directly with the company and saved $30 per person. Don't worry I wont tell anyone you helped out an LSU fan!!

Since we have a 3 and 5 year old with us we can only do the dolphin encounter where we hug them, etc. no actual swimming with them. Hopefully they won't be afraid of the dolphins!!!
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Passenger

has anyone experienced swimming with the dolphins vs just the encounter? I wondering if it really worth what they charge for it? I'm willing to pay the price if it's one of those experiences that you'll never forget! any info would be appreciated
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Admiral

I did the swim with the dolphins and booked it on my own also. VERY MUCH RECOMMEND THE SWIM!!!!!! The most fun I have ever had. I loved it. We also was on the same ferry coming back and everything worked out just fine. Have fun and spend the extra, you won't regret it

08/29/09 - 09/05/09