CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Cozumel tours (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/357984-cozumel-tours.html)

pamie November 3rd, 2008 10:28 PM

Cozumel tours

Does anyone have any suggestions for non-princess tours in Cozumel. We wanted to go on the tour which includes the turtle farm but there is only a wait list. Thanks.

Pamie

Donna November 4th, 2008 08:30 AM

I'm sure you could just take a cab there??

colorcrazie November 4th, 2008 12:49 PM

Pamie,
I'm pretty sure that there isn't a turtle farm in Cozumel, just the one in Grand Cayman. I am going to try and do this one via the local shuttle bus next week, so I'll try to let you know how it goes.
Marty

pamie November 4th, 2008 06:25 PM

Cozumel tours

Colorcrazie - Thank you. You're right....It is Grand Cayman, not Cozumel. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Have a great cruise .

Donna November 4th, 2008 07:47 PM

Yep, you girls are right, the turtle farm is in Grand Cayman, and its not terribly far from the pier.

robinlbe November 7th, 2008 05:10 PM

We were in Cozumel this summer....we booked a private tour through Jerry. He is referred to often on the forums here and elsewhere. He was awesome!! Took us all over. Don't forget to go to the east side...
beautiful! Wish I were going back!!
(if you want Jerry's email address, let me know)

subtropic November 7th, 2008 10:38 PM

Lots of neat stuff to do in Coz - Passion Island Beach, Playa Mia Beach, XCaret Park if you have the time, horseback riding, snorkeling, diving, even those silly
Segways, etc. You get the idea !

BobFla November 17th, 2008 09:00 PM

Hey, we saw the turtle farm tour on cozumel-watersports website, they seem to have a huge list of tours in Cozumel...hope you find space!

reverendjeff November 18th, 2008 02:57 PM

Pamie, as has been stated, you are speaking of Grand Cayman. The answer to your question is yes, you can go there on your own. The company that runs the turtle farm is Boatswains. I believe they have their own website. I have been there and plan on going back for a full day. They have very nice swimming pools, a grill, clean restrooms and changing areas, lockers and shops. The aviary is wonderful and they have a "predator" area to see the sharks. Of course they have turtles, and even sell turtle soup at the grill.

jimcar77 January 11th, 2009 02:36 AM

We went to snorkel with the sea turtles in Acumal with Cozumel-Watersports and it was really worth it...it is a all day tour but just a great experience!

SAAdds1 April 12th, 2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinlbe
We were in Cozumel this summer....we booked a private tour through Jerry. He is referred to often on the forums here and elsewhere. He was awesome!! Took us all over. Don't forget to go to the east side...
beautiful! Wish I were going back!!

(if you want Jerry's email address, let me know)

Robin, can you tell me where you had Gerry take you? We have booked him also.

jimcar77 April 13th, 2009 02:30 AM

Within our family we booked two excursions to end up all together. It was with cozumel-watersports.com. We live chatted with them, called 1800 number, email....alll questions answered and everything worked out just fine. I guess we can recommend them a lot.

Boy'sMom November 25th, 2009 08:34 PM

In Cozumel we did the Dolphin Encounter at the Dolphinarium. You can take a taxi there yourself. It's about 10 min. from the pier. The facility was very nice and clean and the staff all spoke English and were very professional and friendly. They will call a cab for you when you're ready to return to the ship. There is lots of shopping and cozy restuarants about a half mile walking distance down the street. We took a horse and buggy ride back for fun.

carribbeantina271 December 28th, 2009 02:47 PM

We will be back in Coz on Jan 15th and looking to do the bar hop bus tour that goes over to the other side of the island.. has anyone done this tour?? SO far what we have read has been great reviews.. I think we need more folks then the 2 of us to actually make it a group.. LOL
We do wanna see the other side of the island as we have both been to Coz more times than we can count and yet to venture out!! :D

Ccrazy February 1st, 2011 02:58 AM

Anyone done the Tuc Tuc Tour or Trimaran Sail and Snorkel in Cozumel Mexico??