Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Beginner

Default Cartegena to Islas del Rosario

Would like to take a boat from pier to Rosario Islands, but I can only find info on trips that leave before 9am and return AFTER 4pm. Our ship will be in port from 7a to 4p... sure would hate to miss it! Has anyone out there found a company that can get me back before 4pm?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Beginner

I would not recomend trying to go to Islas del Rosario in such a short time. it takes about 1.5 hours just to get there from Cartagena. Have you been to Cartagena before? You will find plenty do and see in Cartagena. The city is full of history.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmn
I would not recomend trying to go to Islas del Rosario in such a short time. it takes about 1.5 hours just to get there from Cartagena. Have you been to Cartagena before? You will find plenty do and see in Cartagena. The city is full of history.
Hi, we have a cruise stop in Cartagena; we don't want the ships tour but we want to walk around the Historic Section. Would you know how much a taxi be and how far it is ... they're are 10 of us.
Thank you,
Som
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default El centro

The old part of Cartagena es called "el centro". A taxi fare is about $20,000 pesos. I would recomend negotiating the fare before you get in the taxi. It should be no more than 15-20 min away from the port. When are you going on your cruise? I will be sailing May 9 in the sea princess.

Let me know what else you would like to know.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Beginner

Default Re: El centro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmn
The old part of Cartagena es called "el centro". A taxi fare is about $20,000 pesos. I would recomend negotiating the fare before you get in the taxi. It should be no more than 15-20 min away from the port. When are you going on your cruise? I will be sailing May 9 in the sea princess.

Let me know what else you would like to know.
We're on the Sea Princess also May 9th. We're from Toronto Canada, you?

Are you sure that's converts right; I checked on Currency converter and 20,000 pesos is $1,844.20; do you mean 200 pesos which is $18.44 Canadian? and is that per person or per ride?

We leave for FLL two weeks tomorrow morning...looking forward to it.
SOM