CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   tours for kids- Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/360215-tours-kids-grand-cayman-ochos-rios.html)

LisaFe January 13th, 2009 11:21 AM

tours for kids- Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios?

Going on Royal Carribean Cruise- wondering what are the best tours for an 8 yr old boy- stopping in Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios

jenne January 13th, 2009 04:35 PM

When our son was 10 (he's 12 now) we booked with a private company to go to sting ray city & 2 snorkeling stops. He never snorkeled before and he is now a die hard convert. I would not go with the ship's excursion because the group is way too big and we got a better price too on our own. When he was 5 we took in the turtle tour & it was o.k. The turtle tour is quite short so on the way back we had our driver stop at 7 mile beach and we spent the rest of the day there playing in the water. It was easy to catch a shuttle back to the tender spot.

Have Fun,

Jenne

jean0151 January 18th, 2009 04:31 PM

ocho rios and grand cayman

my children are 23, 19,17 and 9 (he just turned 9) They ALLLLLLL enjoyed the bobsledding in ocho rios.... only 5 minutes by tour bus from ship. We found it was less expensive to book the sky explorer chair lift ride to the top of mystic mountain. up there-- there is a pool, water slide, restaurant and bar included in the price of the chair lift. then at top you can purchase rides on the bobsled or zip lining. i think 5 rides on the bobsled was $40.... much cheaper than the cruise ship and also i was afraid if i pre purchased it one or 2 may chicken out. they are still talking about this excursion. grand cayman we met friends who took us to 7 mile beach --great time. i heard the sting ray thing was great but that wasn't for us. have a great time we just got back yesterday.

Trip January 18th, 2009 10:08 PM

Stingray City in GC, and Dunns River Falls In Ochos....

spencercoop January 22nd, 2009 10:56 PM

I would do Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. It was soooo much fun. It was one of the funnest exursions we did.

LisaK January 26th, 2009 11:25 AM

Grand Caymen - book a tour with Captain Marvin to StingRay City/Sandbar
Ocho Rios - book a tour with Peat Taylor - Dunns River Falls or book a ships tour to go river tubing

jenne January 26th, 2009 04:26 PM

The private company we used was www.islandmarketing.com for the Stingray city and 2 stop snorkeling tour on Cayman. The crew was great, we had a nice boat, personal attention and small tour. The only tiny negative was you had to take it on yourself to get to their office about 4 - 6 blocks from the tender area on shore (an easy walk). There is no there to meet you on shore from island marketing.
[/img]