Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Passenger

Default Any Helpful info on Cozumel?

Have never been to Cozumel and have "cruised" the internet websites ,but realized that real life experiences are going to be more truthful!
Heard on the news that the Mexican government is on the verge of collapse,so that worries me a tad.

Would absolutely LOVE any tips,do's and dont's for Cozumel....It's my 50th birthday cruise!!![/b]
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Check out passion island. Food and drinks included. Beautiful beach, very relaxing. They even have a place to get a massage right on the beach. Cozumel also has decent shopping with a lot of little restaurants and bars right on the strip. Also a carlos and charlies. We had a great time there. Enjoy and happy birthday!
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Stay on board!!!!! Wait, get off the ship, do a wee bit of shopping and get back on the ship BEFORE the ships is supposed to leave....

No, seriosuly, Cozumel has dozens of excursions to choose from. If the ship is docked at Punta Langosta you can simply go shopping there and up the street/down the street to Senor Frog/Margaritaville or if your docked at Puerta Maya (Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc) there is shopping off the pier.....

I am not a fan of Cozumel..I am Cozumel'd out after three trips in a one year span....I was Cozumel'd out after second trip in a year...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Passenger

We rented a car and drove around a large portion of the island. The area with the light house was neat. You can find some less crowded beaches with open air bar/food stands. It's beautiful to see the coast. Not for the faint of heart, though! The roads can get rough near the coast and people drive a little crazy in town.
Old February 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Cozumel is one of our favorite places to snorkel. If you love to snorkel or really want to try it, i would highly recommend booking a ships tour out to the Palencaar Reef - it is an easy snorkel and the sights are just amazing
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Yeoman

The lighthouse area alteredtyme refered to is Punta Sur. They have several tours that go here. We chose the dunebuggie route. It was incredible. It included snorkling to what was probably the healthiest reef I have ever seen. The fan coral was impressive.

Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin