Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:14 AM
Admiral

Default Recommended line for Southern or Eastern Caribbean Cruise

I am looking to book a cruise for sometime next year going to either the Eastern or Southern Caribbean for no less than 7 days. I don't want to do Carnival on this next cruise, so what line would you recommend for the cruise I am planning to book?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Both Royal Caribbean and Princess have some good itinaries for both Southern and Eastern Caribbean cruises. When going on the Southern, you visit many islands. May-be decide which ones you want to see and look at what ships go there and narrow down your search.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
First Mate

We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas for a Southern Caribbean cruise March of 2010.

Can't WAIT! We've cruised this ship before on a 9 day cruise and it was wonderful. If you book with Royal, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry, can't help with Princess advice, have yet to sail with them.

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Admiral

If I get the money I have coming in time I am planning on Royal Caribbean for next year while they are running their current sale, but if not I will probably just find the best deal. Hopefully for my second cruise I will have a travel companion. Can get expensive if I don't.
Old May 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Admiral

i agree with Donna, both Princess and RCL have good itinearies. Find islands that interest you and then go from there. A southern route is more port intensive than an Eastern Route
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Leaving from Florida to do the southern, gives you more sea days, and can save you, what can sometimes be, a high priced airfare to San Juan. Leaving for SJ, you get 7 day cruises, from Florida, they can sometimes be up to 11/12 days.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Admiral

I have decided on a 7-9 day Southern Itinerary, either from Miami or San Juan. From San Juan my choices are Celebrity, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or Princess. From Miami my only choice is Norwegian Cruise Line. The primary required port of call, due to my cruise companion's preference, is Barbados, which all five lines offer.