Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Beginner

Default Samana - Cayo Levantado -How to get there?

We are interested in going to Cayo Levantado while at Samana. NCL offers an excursion for $48pp that is just the tender there and back. There will be 10 of us -- any recommendations of other ways to get there? Or is it not really a safe place and the ship excursion is the way to go?
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
First Mate

Samana is a tender port so the only way to get to Cayo Levantado would be to take the cruise line's excursion. The tenders will only take you to the town of Samana. The excursion will take you to a separate area of the resort. There is a nice beach with lounge chairs, bar and restaurant. We were given a welcome drink when we arrived.

Old July 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did this excursion in October 2007....It was pure bliss! I didn't know what to expect, but we knew we didn't want to go into Samana, we decided to spend the day in "paradise" and that is exactly what it was. There was the most beautiful beaches, beach chairs, great water to swim in, you could rent snorkel equip, get a beach massage and shop the local vendors. We got some lovely local jewelry and a great island drink. I felt like I was on Giligans Island and this was my best Caribbean Experience, I hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a not-to-be-missed opportunity!
Anne