CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (
-   -   Caribbean or "warm" area - Oldie/Rock & Roll o (

brneyes September 4th, 2009 06:03 PM

Caribbean or "warm" area - Oldie/Rock & Roll o
Does anyone know of any ship lines, other than MSC, that will have an Oldie, Do Wopp, or Rock & Roll theme next year?

If you don't, could you give me an idea how I could find out, without having to get in touch with "each" cruise line?

Trip September 8th, 2009 08:59 PM

I was on an oldies cruise on the old HAL Westerdam, about 5 years ago...Johnny Tilletson, was on, and he looked like he was embalmed:) The music was well received and people loved it....

Do a google search, and, see what comes up....good luck.

brneyes September 14th, 2009 06:41 PM

Oldies/Rock & Roll cruises 2010
Thanks, and I have tried that. I don't seem to find much and what I do find, I have to "book" with that agency.

I have a TA here in my area that I feel comfortable with if something would go wrong, and I don't want to book with a company that I'm not familiar with.

I did find something called the "MaltShop" that looks good, but I hesitate to book with them. If they were close to my state I would feel more comfortable.

Trip September 14th, 2009 08:54 PM

I don't think you have to book with that agency if the entertainment is in public areas of the ship..if in fact the TA, is doing a private group things, then it's a different story. When I was on HAL,the entire week was an oldies theme, open to all.

brneyes September 17th, 2009 06:52 PM

Oldies/Rock & Roll cruise
Thanks, but unfortunately, I think most of them are done "privately" on a ship in a certain area, especially if they are done through a certain website, and not the ship line itself.

I'm going to keep searching.

Trip September 23rd, 2009 08:01 PM

Check out this site....I saw a Motown cruise on RCI listed....

brneyes September 25th, 2009 06:57 PM

oldies/rock & roll cruise 2010
Thanks for the website. I will try to check it out next week as I have to close down the switchboard.

Everyone have a great weekend.