Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
First Mate

Default Freeport Bahamas Sand Dollar Cruise...AWESOME

We just got back from or 4day NCL and did Capt Tony's Catamaran Sanddollar cruise at Freeport. $45/PP (doesn't include transportation)

OMG it was great! It was just 4 of us on Capt Tony's boat. He met us at the Cruise port and he found transportation for us! Once we got to his catamaran, he told us to make ourself at home. He had a large container of bahama mamas that was very tastey.

The boat was neat. It had a kitchen, dinning area, 2 bathrooms and bedrooms inside. We put our stuff inside and went out on deck and cruised to our snorkeling spot. His helper guided us around the reef. My and brother have never snorkeled and they took time with them and made them at ease. They did great. We saw many fish, starfish, a prickly starfish which the guide brought up and let us touch it. He put it on our arm and it wiggled up our arm. so cool. He also found Three large conch that he gave us and let us keep the shells (they kept the conch). After a couple hours snorkeling there we went to the sand dollar location where we got to snorkel for sand dollars. They were everywhere! I got like 20...my sister and brother got way more. They also got some neat looking shells, some sea biscuits, and the shell of a sea earchant.

My husband and I usually book through the cruiselines. But going out on a limb here I have learned, it pays to research and take advise from other cruisers. What an awesome time! If I'm ever back in Freeport, I would definetly book this again!!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks, good to know. Cruisers are always asking what is good to do in Freeport, never had a clue. Glad you had such a nice time.

Message Boards Moderator