Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Costa Rica suggestions

We were wondering if anyone has any suggestions for Costa Rica for a shore excursion?

We saw one that Princess had that toured the rain forest but it is $200 per person. That is a little steep! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Beginner

My wife and I are on the Island Princess and will be in Costa Ricaon the 23rd. We booked a 7 hour tour through okeydokeytours.com They seemed to be well recommended. It's $99 for the B-4 tour which includes
Caldera Forest to see the Cappuchin monkeys, Mango plantation, Vilal Lapas canopy and rain forest where you have one of 4 options 1.zip lines 2. horseback riding, 3. crocodile river cruise or rain forest walk. then it's on toTarcoles town to see scarlett macaws, toucans and iguanas. On to Jaco beach for a supplied Costa Rican lunch. next the bridge to see crocodiles on shore, the ocean and waterfalls. Finally into the city for coffee and vanilla and souvenir shopping. Hope this helps
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Captain

We did a tour also with Okey Dokey great day...if you can find others to share with you the price goes down pp
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I cannot make a specific tour recommendation since I do not know what Princess offers. However, I will add that I highly recommend that you do something that gets you into the country. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and you do not want to waste this opportunity by staying on the ship, or just walking around the port area.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Costa Rica suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireba11
We were wondering if anyone has any suggestions for Costa Rica for a shore excursion?

We saw one that Princess had that toured the rain forest but it is $200 per person. That is a little steep! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
For Costa Rica, I can suggest several tour.
Canopy - Wagon expedition - Jungle boat - Horseback Riding - Cahuita National Park - Veraguas.
more information: matias7.tours@gmail.com
www. costaricaindigenoustours.com
Link: http://matias7tours.wordpress.com/20...tuguero-canal/