Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Roatan beaches

any input on nice stops on Roatan? I don't think we want to do a ship tour here, just a nice taxi ride over to a good beach with nearby shopping/lunch available. Nothing too overcrowded, and with plenty of nice scenery preffered. Thanks for any input!

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to punk

Our ship will be stopping there 10/23, we booked a guide thru www.boddentours.com to be at our beck and call and take us where ever we want to go, which we've pretty much decided is the beach at Mayan Princess Resort. Victor Bodden assures us it's a great beach and you pay 10$ to the resort to use their facilites including food and drink. Also there are girls on the beach offering massages for 25$. There is a bar near there named Fosters where we'll enjoy a drink or several.
I'll try to remember to post after we return!
October 2006 Carnival Miracle
October 2009 Carnival Legend
[/
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk
Our ship will be stopping there 10/23, we booked a guide thru www.boddentours.com to be at our beck and call and take us where ever we want to go, which we've pretty much decided is the beach at Mayan Princess Resort. Victor Bodden assures us it's a great beach and you pay 10$ to the resort to use their facilites including food and drink. Also there are girls on the beach offering massages for 25$. There is a bar near there named Fosters where we'll enjoy a drink or several.
I'll try to remember to post after we return!
That sounds like a nice little trip, I'll try to remember to ask you for a review sometime 8)

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Admiral

The only beach we have visited in Roatan is Tabyana Beach, it was spectacular. Beautiful, clean, beach, sparkling water and good snorkeling right off the beach, lounge chair rentals, massages on the beach, small souvenir store, very clean restrooms, buffet offered at a minimal charge, Tiki bar with live entertainment...overall, a great day.
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Admiral

There is a really neat place we went to a few weeks ago called Maya Key. I loved it. The nice thing is it is very close to the port unlike Tabyana and the other west end/west bay beaches and resorts. It also has a beautiful coral reef to snorkel, animal preserve with Jaguar, parrots, sea lions, ocelot, howler monkeys and other critters that have been rescued.

I highly recommend this place!
Roatan Cruise Caribbean Cruise Shore Excursions | Maya Key

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Can you tell me if they met you at the pier to transport you to Maya Key? Also, was the snorkeling just as good as Tabyana, which we had done on a previous trip? This place looks really nice. Is there an extra charge to see the animals? Was it crowded?
We have 2 boys ages 12 and 16 who love to snorkel, and I think would like to see the animals. Any other info would be welcomed. Thanks so much. Also how was the food/prices etc,...? Do they have set times to return you to the pier?

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Shell Lady,

Maya Key (formerly "Fins & Flippers) is a great place to visit, based on our experience about 12 months ago. (I cannot comment on the snorkeling since we do not snorkel.)
1. The animals are in appropriate sized cages located throughout the area and there is no extra charge to visit the animals. During our visit, the animals were very friendly. You can easily walk right up to the edge of the cages for very close interaction.
2. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced, especially considering that you really have no other choice other than bring your own (NO NEED TO DO THIS).
3. There were very few people when we visited, but at the time, they had no affiliaton with any cruise line(s). They may now, however MK is a very large area and could handle a reasonable number of people.
4. They provide free transportation to/from the pier, and do so frequently (every 30 minutes I believe).
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Psychobabbl
Question Maya Key?

Hey guys -

When I google Maya Key, I get Anthony's Key in Roatan . . . . probably a different place. Is there a website? Can you please give me more info?

Thanks SO much!!

Marilyn
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobabbl View Post
Hey guys -

When I google Maya Key, I get Anthony's Key in Roatan . . . . probably a different place. Is there a website? Can you please give me more info?

Thanks SO much!!

Marilyn
Here's their web site. Between this site and my previous post you should be able to find all the information you are looking for.
Roatan Cruise and Caribbean Cruise Shore Excursions | Maya Key
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the information. Looks like a really neat place to spend the day.