Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:20 AM
First Mate

Default St. Lucia; need advice

We will be sailing on the Miracle in Mar 2010. One of the stops (and the reason for this cruise since we haven't been here before) is St. Lucia. Can you all recommend what to do. what to see, don't miss this, etc. in St. Lucia. We are flexible in what we do although we are more into the culture, architecture, history side of port visits. Of course we enjoy a good meal also . Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM
First Mate

If you run a search in this section, you will find several suggestions by me and by others on the Board. I recommend Cosol's tours (see info in past postings) but there are several other well recommended private tourguides that will also give you the grand tour of the island and are quite knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects. You will find the island beautiful, and with Cosol you get to sample local food throughout the tour, all of which was quite good.

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Beginner

We were in St Lucia in May and found Cosol Tours.
He was the best. We were kept busy the whole time, lots of food to try and the drink vehicle follows you to all the stops. I have done a lot of excursions and this was the BEST that I have done whether it was a private tour agency or through the cruise lines. http://www.cosol-tours.com/
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Beginner

Shal at jungle tours was amazing. Jungle Tours - St. Lucia - Feedback
We spent the day on a personal tour of the island. My family of 4 with a 11 yr old and 12 yr old girls. We had one other couple with us. It was hands down our favorite tour. It was an open air jeep. He provided beverages. He told us about the history, the animals, the plants. We drove thorugh banana groves. stopped for fresh fruit including coconuts and bananas on side of the road. Felt like we really got the locals point of view. Stopped for cava bread. had a lovely buffet lunch. visited the volcano and played in the mud bath. visited waterfalls. all of the highlights. It was so wonderful to have a personal tour. Check his website and read the reviews. I totally agree. Beware: no seatbelts. But he was such a cautious driver. so many wonderful surprises. I wish we were going back.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Familiar Face

When we went to St Lucia, the port was on the opposite side of The Pitons. Our main purpose of going to St Lucia was for The Pitons. Be sure to check the tours carefully. We had a choice of Bus roundtrip or Boat roundtrip. The third choice that we took was Bus to and Boat back.
The Bus to the Pitons took us over mountainous roads of jungle and a stop in a village and several view stops. I bought a nice carved box at one of those stops. The catamaran boat back gave a different perspective as we headed out and away from the Pitons, the view was awesome. Music and drinks were served on board and the setting sun all made it magical.
I highly recommend this type of tour. Enjoy!
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Admiral

St. Lucia is a beautiful island, no matter what tour you do.
We did a bus tour and the views were spectacular. Enjoy!

donna
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Familiar Face

Another vote for Cosol

He will show you the best bits in a day.

Enjoy
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by M n O View Post
When we went to St Lucia, the port was on the opposite side of The Pitons. Our main purpose of going to St Lucia was for The Pitons. Be sure to check the tours carefully. We had a choice of Bus roundtrip or Boat roundtrip. The third choice that we took was Bus to and Boat back.
The Bus to the Pitons took us over mountainous roads of jungle and a stop in a village and several view stops. I bought a nice carved box at one of those stops. The catamaran boat back gave a different perspective as we headed out and away from the Pitons, the view was awesome. Music and drinks were served on board and the setting sun all made it magical.
I highly recommend this type of tour. Enjoy!
Did you book this independly or with the ships tours?
I am on the CCL Miracle March 2011 and want to set up a tour for my small group. I prefer to do independent so any info from someone that has used Serenity travel is appreciated.
Festivale 1990
Tropicale 1992
Holiday 1994
Inspiration 1996
Celebration 1998
Inspiration 2000
Elation 2001
Destiny 2002
Glory 4/24/04
Spirit 10/09/04
Liberty 9/05
Liberty 4/1/06
Spirit 8/1/07 Alaska
Spirit 4/6/08 Mexico
Elation 5/14/09 Catalina
Triumph 9/26/09 New England
Miracle 3/27/11 & 4/4/11 B2B

Next
Spirit 4/28/2012
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Admiral

He was going in March, I wonder what happened, I wish people would get back & tell.