Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Beginner

Default Costa Rica and Panama excursions

Could you tell me any fun excursuons for either of these places we are going on the Carnival Freedom in May 2010. We love adventure and beaches. This will be our 6th cruise. We have done snuba, cave tubing swam with dolphins , snorkeled, went horseback riding, Catamaren,
sting rays tons of all day beaches So any sugestions would be greatly appriciated
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Admiral

we have only done a full canal transit with no side excursions so i really can't help, but i can tell you that a lot of people post really good responses to the train tour in Panama
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Smile shore excursions

My brother and I am-both single and in our mid 20's but don't act our age- going to be on the Freedom cruising on Jan 16. For me it will be my second cruise and for him it will be his first. For both of us we have heard great things from both cruisers and non cruisers about the canopy tours in Costa Rica so we have booked the "High There!" aerial tram ride and canopy tour. A bit on the pricey side at $190 per person but it looks like it will be worth it. For Panama we both have always wanted to see and go thought the Panama Canal. So for Panama we have booked the "Panama Canal Tour" where you take a bus to the Pacific side and then a ferry though the Canal. Again it is a bit pricey at $180 per person but should be worth it. Plus if you have ever wanted to see the Canal I have heard do it sooner rather than latter as changes to the rain forest are changing it for the worse. I will let you know when we get back how what we thought of them. What do you have planned for Cozumel?
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Old February 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledevilduck View Post
My brother and I am-both single and in our mid 20's but don't act our age- going to be on the Freedom cruising on Jan 16. For me it will be my second cruise and for him it will be his first. For both of us we have heard great things from both cruisers and non cruisers about the canopy tours in Costa Rica so we have booked the "High There!" aerial tram ride and canopy tour. A bit on the pricey side at $190 per person but it looks like it will be worth it. For Panama we both have always wanted to see and go thought the Panama Canal. So for Panama we have booked the "Panama Canal Tour" where you take a bus to the Pacific side and then a ferry though the Canal. Again it is a bit pricey at $180 per person but should be worth it. Plus if you have ever wanted to see the Canal I have heard do it sooner rather than latter as changes to the rain forest are changing it for the worse. I will let you know when we get back how what we thought of them. What do you have planned for Cozumel?
So how did you like each of these tours? And how was Freedom? We are booked for the may 8, 2010 sailing and are still trying to decide on excursions.