Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM
Beginner

Default anyone used Spa Baan Suerte, Hondorus

Cruising next month. Looking at Spa Baan Suerte in Isla Roatan, Hondorus for my owe shore excursion. I was looking at Sante wellness but they are full for that day. Any advice would be great.

Thank you
Cory
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thumbs down Beware! Spa Baan Suerte

I booked treatment for 3 with Spa Baan Suerte 2 months in advance. On the day of the appointments, our ship did not dock due to bad weather. I immediately called the U.S. number on their website and left a message. When I returned from the cruise I called them. Mariela stated she never got the message. I told her what number I called, what time I called, etc. She then said I should have used Skype because that is the "only" way to communicate while on the ship. She told me she would look into my quote (? I had already paid a $250 deposit) and get back to me. I waited several days, then emailed. She gave me a lot of excuses and basically called me a liar about leaving the message. She then said again she would look into their quote and get back to me "tomorrow." I waited 12 days. I finally emailed her back and stated I would go to PayPal to file a dispute. She didn't reply with any kind of apology, but she refunded $200.00 Following is directly from their website, which doesn't say anything about a "partial" refund. It states full refund or no refund if you don't contact them. Notice it says nothing about Skype. When I went to their website the day after my email, the selection "Cruise ship visitors" only takes you to the service page, so apparently the following was deleted after I told them I was going to file a dispute. Luckily, I had already copied this:

"Should the ship not make port due to weather or other difficulty all deposits will be fully refunded. Adequate notification of such expected as phones and email available on all ships. Not notifying the spa could result in your deposit not being refunded."

Apparently, now they're going to say that since it's not on their website, I must have made the above up, or else why would they have deleted it? I have never had such atrocious dealings with any company.
Old March 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It does sound like a sketchy business practice to me, but I would consider myslef lucky to have gotten back what youl did. That said,I would still advise Paypal,and let them go forward, you have nothing to lose.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; March 20th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.