Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Beginner

Default Eastern or Western Caribbean?

Which is better for first time cruisers-the Eastern or Western Caribbean?
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is very subejective....my fave is the southern..very exotic ports and usually a port intensive cruise...Aruba is one on this itin that we enjoy..sometimes you will find overlapping ports with this itin and the eastern...fares to San Juan can sometimes be pricey...

Eastern has some great beaches, and, snorkeling in St John specifically..great shopping island tours are interesting

Western is geared to great water excursions....snorkling diving....to me, a more a adventuresome itinerary, over the eastern, for the people looking for that kind of cruise...some ports are quite rustic, and other than eco or water excursions, some maybe bored and stay on board..for me Jamacia is a stay on board port, after my 3 visits, but for other reasons.

Between the 2 you mentioned...eastern wins out evey time..good luck picking.... no matter what though..you will enjoy your cruise, wherever it goes!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator