CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   St Maarten-really cool beach bar (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/374040-st-maarten-really-cool-beach-bar.html)

mustang sally May 24th, 2010 04:39 PM

St Maarten-really cool beach bar

A few cruises back, my hubby and I stumbled upon this little beach bar that was walkiing distance from the pier called "Everyting Cool' The last time we were there, we couldn't find it. It was owned by a Canadian couple and they made every frozen drink under the sun. It had the prettiest beach view. Does anyone know if it has been relocated or is it gone completely?

Trip May 24th, 2010 08:46 PM

Check this great place out...close to the pier...

Sunset Beach Bar - Wish You Were Here! - Welcome to Sunset SXM!

Irish Girl May 24th, 2010 08:53 PM

Everyting Cool closed when they made the boardwalk on the beach. Sunset Beach Bar is at Maho Beach (airport), it's where you watch all the planes come in.

I found a little bar to the right of the pier called Get Wet Bar, it's just beyond The Blue ***** (female dog).

I want to go back...

mustang sally May 24th, 2010 09:17 PM

Trip, is this within walking distance of the pier. Have you been

Trip May 24th, 2010 09:25 PM

Every Ting Cool , has closed....They leveled the place to put in a new beachfront hotel, bar and beach.

I have not been to the Sunset Beach Bar....but have heard great things about it, and you can see the planes come in..just look up...verrry close:)Someone will pop in with info if you can walk to it...I have a feeling you can...I couldn't ! :)

rollerdonna May 24th, 2010 09:44 PM

Our favourite spot in St. Maarten is right on the pier, within easy walking distance of the ship. Just a little to the left after you enter the shopping area, right near the entrance/exit to the water taxis.
It's called Happy Hours, and has the best frozen Margaritas ever!
Looking forward to my next trip there!

donna

mustang sally May 25th, 2010 06:11 AM

Rollerdonna we will definately check out that one! Sounds yummy!

Donna May 25th, 2010 07:29 AM

I loved that beach, when did they do all this work??

Trip May 25th, 2010 08:39 AM

According to what I read about 2004......?

LisaK May 25th, 2010 11:25 AM

Rollerdonna is so right about Happy Hours! awesome. Just a short walk from Happy Hours is that little yellow building where you get the GuavaBerry Liquor Smoothies, they are so good but so potent so watch out. I think that it takes a cab ride to get to Maho Beach

mustang sally May 25th, 2010 05:29 PM

Lisa, is this bar "Happy Hours" on the boardwalk or out on the main road where all the jewellery stores are?

LisaK May 27th, 2010 09:35 AM

Sally, i am horrible when it comes to directions, but i will give it a shot lol. We just kinda stumbled upon it, because my girlfriend and i were very thirsty, its on the corner on the main drag, but a bit aways from the "jewerly district" if you will. If you walk the main street you can't miss it.

mustang sally May 27th, 2010 05:54 PM

Ok, Lisa and Donna, we will find it! Thanks for the info. You guys have so much good information.

AF1 September 3rd, 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1293673)
Check this great place out...close to the pier...

Sunset Beach Bar - Wish You Were Here! - Welcome to Sunset SXM!

For those who want to know about sunset beach bar. It is on the airport side of the island. So, it's about 30 minute drive from cruise port. I have been to this bar numerous times; I fly to St. Martin a lot during the winter and stay at a hotel around the corner from the bar. It is fun to watch the jets take off; and people from the bar and beach stand up and try and get blown over from the jet blast. the bar is fun and they serve all kinds of drink and food.

Trip September 3rd, 2010 02:09 PM

AF1...have you ever done this? How was it when you flew in,..you must have been able to look the people in the eye! Seeing it on tv, it looks painfu,l as the sandblast you get, looks intense!

Club Ed October 2nd, 2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang sally (Post 1293617)
A few cruises back, my hubby and I stumbled upon this little beach bar that was walkiing distance from the pier called "Everyting Cool' The last time we were there, we couldn't find it. It was owned by a Canadian couple and they made every frozen drink under the sun. It had the prettiest beach view. Does anyone know if it has been relocated or is it gone completely?

What a great place! They closed due to there lease expired and the landlord refused to renew with them. Last I spoke with them they had no plans to re-open on the Island.

Lakers Fan October 2nd, 2010 08:09 AM

When we were in St.Maarten we took a boat to a private beach .On the boat there were free beverages ,everything that you could possibly drink was free which was amazing .We spent about 6 hours relaxing on the beach .There were water activities that were not free and traveling to the beach was not free but it was a wonderful experience .

Donna October 2nd, 2010 04:31 PM

I think my next visit to St. Maarten will be to this beach, sounds really nice....Now, just need directions, etc.