Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Angry Warning about "Beachtours"/Cozumel (books Sanchos)

Very unhappy with "beachtours" in Cozumel

Was planning..reluctantly....to do Sanchos all inclusive to keep things simple for a group...but this got more complicated

I was NOT pleased with Sanchos or beachtours (beachtours had me doing all the work, they were messing up people's dates, etc)

then I found a better deal....cheaper, nicer people to deal with, that have 800 number and chat...so we are now going to the Ocean Resort
the new place....seems nice... I personally do not kayak or snorkel but that is included

well....beachtours did send refunds...but sent letters to my (5) friends,
they put all their emails out there....which is a privacy violation
and also included emails from me to them....which is another privacy violation

I am really disgusted by this lack of ethics and professionalism on their part

Old October 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
First Mate

I'm glad you have a new plan. I think I'll just boycott Mexico for other reasons. I'm sure I can find something to do in Honduras and Belize. Cozy can be an "at sea" day.
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I think that, with the despicable crimes within the last couple of weeks, all ports of call, in Mexico could suffer from tourists being leary of ports of call in Mexico. With crimes as heinous as the ones in the news, resort spots can be painted with the same brush as border towns, right or wrong...time will tell.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Well I am not "boycotting" Mexico...Cozumel is really nice and I have enjoyed my various trips there

Just be careful who you deal with there...IMHO
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

On my almost here Epic cruise, we stop at Cozumel, as well, and, Costa Maya, our 2 Mexican ports..and I will be off the ship with bells on..Roatan too!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 22nd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Beginner

we booked Mr Sanchos with Cozumelwatersports.com and enjoyed a great service. It was recommended by the beach club and all worked out perfectly. We never used beachtours and did not find anything on them on the net...??
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Beginner

Why not go to Carlos & Charlies Beach Bar. It is free, the sevice is great prices are good and the food for a beach bar is excellent. They have all the chairs you want right on the beach for free.
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Familiar Face

Carlos and Charlies is usually noisy and wall to wall people. Just next C&C is Ocean Resort Beach Club. It is $40.00 pp for open bar and all you can eat buffet. It is a new beach club (about 4 months). It can be booked through cozumelwatersports.com They also have a much better deal on Passion Island than you can get from the cruise lines.