Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Admiral

Default Grand Turk

Wondering what to do in Grand Turk, is going on an Island tour worth it here? Or would I be better off snorkeling or at the beach? Also can anyone refer me to some good private tour operators here?
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just incase you have not seen this, here is the official link to this cruise port: Home

A little history (if I remember correctly). The construction of the Grand Turk "port" was a join project by the country and Carnival Cruise Lines a few years ago. (It is very similar to "Costa Maya" in Mexico if you have ever stopped there (again built by CCL with the help of Mexico). It opened, I believe, the same year we visited there during our Regatta Cruise (see signature for date). The port is kind of a cross between a "private" island type of stop and a standard port-of-call visit. IMO, I would treat it the same as a private island stop.

Even though this port, as well as Costa Maya, were built with the help of CCL, other cruise lines do stop there, but CCL ships have first rights. Each have limited pier slots that keep the crowds well controlled, which make both of them excellent, and peaceful, ports-of-call.

(Again, I hope I have my history correct in my statements about this port and Costa Maya. Please correct me if I have misstated anything. It has been a couple years since I looked into this port.)
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I'm not sure there is much else to see in Grand Turk, because if I remember correctly, the capitol is on another island, as are attractions....

Portpromotions.com offers these options: a relaxing day at the beach, a certified one tank dive or Eurway private snorkeling excursion.

There ia a huge pool, a Margarittaville, shops and the terminal bldg, that sells, everything you can buy on board, but with more selections. The beach is in front of the compound, on either side. The beach offered by the tour company I can bet is nicer, & more private.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator