Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Montego Bay, Grand Cayman & Cozymel excursions

Looking for help/suggestions for excursions in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman & Cozymel. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 boys (12 & 14) on Canival Conquest the last week of December.

Who to book through: Do you prefer to book your excursion through Carnival or through private companies? Myy travel agent has recommended Shore Trips. Are there any other good, reliable private companies out there that you could recommend?

Montego Bay: My kids do not have any interest in going to the Falls, so I am thinking a day at are really nice beach resort. So far, the one that looks the best on the internet is Half Moon Bay? Anyone been there? Any other suggestions? I am looking for something really nice and am not necessarily bargan hunting here.

Grand Cayman: Any recommendations other than Sting Ray City? For some reason, this does not interest my kids. I may make them go anyway, because from the review I have read, this is the excursion to do.

Cozymel: Anybody done the dune buggy tour in Cozymel?

Also, my kids want to parasail. Of the 3 ports, which ones would be the best? Any recommendation on some reliable operators would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In Montego Bay, I would check out a day pass at Sandals. Everything you need is right there, and, in the comfort of a resort setting. I am not a fan of this port, since we did an island tour,and was less than impressed with anything we saw.

You are spot on, when you say, Stingray City is the most popular excursion there..Maybe if you can get them to watch a youtube, this could arouse some interest. There is also the turtle farm as an option.

I would say Cozumel, could be the best option to parasail.

Happy sailing!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; November 14th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to agree with Trip about the sting rays in Grand Cayman, it really is worth doing. If you can't convince the kids to do it, you can always take a cab to 7 Mile beach, the driver will know just where to take you where they welcome cruise passengers for the day.

In Cozomel, there is also Chanakanaab Park, some good snorkeling and a big beach...A simple cab ride from the pier will get you there, plus there are cabs waiting to take you either back to town or the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Admiral

In Mo'Bay we are advised to avoid the place so are doing a beach trip (ship-trip) to Negril.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I've done that same itinerary 18-20 times from Galveston, 8 on the Conquest. BTW--The Conquest is great!

Booking: I wouldn't use either.

Mo Bay: If you looking for that type excursion, Id go with Sunset Beach. The kids will like the beach AND the new water park. Very close-You can see it from the ship. Just take a taxi.

GC: Stingrays for sure--I recommend Nativeway Sports.

Cozumel: Your best port by far. Lot's of options here, water is fantastic so I'd do something with a beach or snorkel.

I have a lot of cruises on my blog with this itinerary if you want to see more detail.

Have a good cruise!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old November 14th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks so much! I will check out your blog.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

I agree with the others, If you want an all-inclusive in Montego Bay i would go with either Sunset or Sandals, you can book it on your own. Engaging with the Sting Rays on Grand Caymen is an awesome experience, we always book thru Captain Marvins, you can go to his web site and check it out, maybe that might spark your boys interest, nothing to be afraid of, its safe and such a neat experience. I would definately save the parasailing for Cozumel, i would book this tour thru the ship only because you have to be off dry land, and if something goes wrong you could be stuck on a boat waving the cruise ship goodbye.
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Familiar Face

Have you heard of Half Moon Bay Resort in Montego Bay? I read a nice review of it (you never know who wrote it , but have not seen anyone mention it on this blog.

I appreciate your taking the time to make suggestions for us.
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Not heard of it. Sorry. GC...taking a taxi to Seven Mile Beach is nice. There is a public beach that has changing rooms and there is also a cafe. All of the taxi drivers know how to get there, and there will be taxis waiting to take you back.
Old November 24th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconnell95 View Post
Have you heard of Half Moon Bay Resort in Montego Bay? I read a nice review of it (you never know who wrote it , but have not seen anyone mention it on this blog.

I appreciate your taking the time to make suggestions for us.
Nice, but a bit of a drive to get there. (in time not distance)

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.