Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Freeport, Bahamas-- transportation?

Hello. We will soon be on a Carnival cruise with a stop in Freeport. I understand that a mode of transit other than walking is needed to get from where ships dock to pretty much anything else. Are there options besides taxis (eg, buses)? If so, how can we arrange/find these? We will have our toddler with us and prefer not to travel by taxi with no carseat (We can theoretically bring the carseat, but I imagine there might be no seatbelts anyway).

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
First Mate

I know this is a very late posting to your thread but in case anyone else was wondering the same as you I thought i would answer. Many of the taxis in the Freeport area will rip you off. I found only one cab driver (and his son) who won't gouge you on taxi costs. You need to ask around for a Taxi driver named "Tunkie." He is still around and still charging cheap prices. Once we found Tunkie, we got great, low low prices to anywhere we wanted to go on the island.