CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   inexpensive morning in Nassau? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/391218-inexpensive-morning-nassau.html)

cath August 13th, 2012 08:29 AM

inexpensive morning in Nassau?

HI!! Its getting closer... I am SO EXCITED!! The good news: while I'm on the cruise I won't be asking any new questions!!:rolleyes:LOL

We are in Nassau from 8 am until .... 5?? I have planned the Discover Atlantis at 1:30. Any suggestions for an inexpensive way to spend the morning?? Also, with the Atlantis tour will there be time afterwards to walk around the property?? Can you just grab a return shuttle whenever you want or is it all one big group?

thank you :)

Lakers Fan August 13th, 2012 12:23 PM

I am looking forward to responses as well.

Donna August 13th, 2012 06:45 PM

You can always walk around town before your excursion.

After your guided tour at Atlantis, you can easily go and do what you want, sit on the beach, etc. You can take the bus back to the pier any time you want, just remember where they dropped you off and go back to the same place.

Trip August 13th, 2012 07:14 PM

As you get off the ship, you walk through a terminal, which is a market place for local crafts. Bay St, has all the shops...one of them is Jon Bull, the prettiest shop in the Caribbean, with perfumes, leather goods, and fabulous baubles. The famous straw market is here as well. You can grab a cab over the bridge to Paradise Island, and the Atlantis,and catch one back to the ship as well.

Have a ball there!

gingcruise August 14th, 2012 05:11 AM

I was just in Nassau for the same excursion with group with NCL SKY cruise ship from Miami to Bahamas 2 weeks ago. The tour itself only took may be 1.5 hours, the guide walks you through the Atlantis Aquarium fast and you are released after that to roam around and do your own sightseeing and loop back. Of course, there's the beach area, which will cost you to upgrade/add-on to your Atlantis excursion ticket. Then there's the Aquaventure, huge water park, that will also cost you more. The island itself is beautiful just to walk around and there's Marina Village shops walking distance from the Paradise Island. If you're with your group and you took the shuttle, it's available on hourly basis to return to the ship. We were asked to return to the ship by no later than 4:00 p.m. Add time to get through the line for ID check to get through the port and then the line to get onboard the ship for ID check and package scanner. There's a plaza near the port that has more tourist trap shops from local variety crafts, Straw Market and then the brand name shops and jewelry stores. If you feel like catching a good Bahamian/Jamaican food for lunch (cash only), Pepper Pot Grill, walking distance from the port, between Market & George Street. Enjoy!