Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Familiar Face

Default inexpensive morning in Nassau?

HI!! Its getting closer... I am SO EXCITED!! The good news: while I'm on the cruise I won't be asking any new questions!!

We are in Nassau from 8 am until .... 5?? I have planned the Discover Atlantis at 1:30. Any suggestions for an inexpensive way to spend the morning?? Also, with the Atlantis tour will there be time afterwards to walk around the property?? Can you just grab a return shuttle whenever you want or is it all one big group?

thank you
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Admiral

I am looking forward to responses as well.
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can always walk around town before your excursion.

After your guided tour at Atlantis, you can easily go and do what you want, sit on the beach, etc. You can take the bus back to the pier any time you want, just remember where they dropped you off and go back to the same place.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

As you get off the ship, you walk through a terminal, which is a market place for local crafts. Bay St, has all the shops...one of them is Jon Bull, the prettiest shop in the Caribbean, with perfumes, leather goods, and fabulous baubles. The famous straw market is here as well. You can grab a cab over the bridge to Paradise Island, and the Atlantis,and catch one back to the ship as well.

Have a ball there!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 14th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Familiar Face

I was just in Nassau for the same excursion with group with NCL SKY cruise ship from Miami to Bahamas 2 weeks ago. The tour itself only took may be 1.5 hours, the guide walks you through the Atlantis Aquarium fast and you are released after that to roam around and do your own sightseeing and loop back. Of course, there's the beach area, which will cost you to upgrade/add-on to your Atlantis excursion ticket. Then there's the Aquaventure, huge water park, that will also cost you more. The island itself is beautiful just to walk around and there's Marina Village shops walking distance from the Paradise Island. If you're with your group and you took the shuttle, it's available on hourly basis to return to the ship. We were asked to return to the ship by no later than 4:00 p.m. Add time to get through the line for ID check to get through the port and then the line to get onboard the ship for ID check and package scanner. There's a plaza near the port that has more tourist trap shops from local variety crafts, Straw Market and then the brand name shops and jewelry stores. If you feel like catching a good Bahamian/Jamaican food for lunch (cash only), Pepper Pot Grill, walking distance from the port, between Market & George Street. Enjoy!