Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Best place for island food

Sailing 12-15-12 on Dream. Going to St Maarten, Thomas, Bahamas. Considering trying some island fair for lunch on Maarten or Thomas. Anyone have a good suggestion for a family of 4. Boys are somewhat picky eaters who'd rather eat pizza or burgers, wife has a gluten allergy, and I'll eat almost anything. Only major concern is that we do not get sick. I travelled to Israel in 2010 and we were continuously warned about eating local food. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Holland Eurodam 12/2009
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 12/2011
Carnival Fantasy 4/2012
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I certainly don't want to toss a crimp into your plans, but because your kids love what they do,and the need for gluten free, I think you could have a difficult time finding a place where you will all be happy.

But, in St Maarten....We dined on the French side, in a cafe by the harbor. There were lots of little places right there, in a fabulous setting. If you try a google search, send off some emails to the places,and ask about your options, and see the menus.. There will be offerings that will tempt the kids and yourself...I think possibly the gluten free, will be tough..hopefully not...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Familiar Face

My wife usually dines without requesting gluten free. She finds items that are baked or grilled which makes it fairly safe. Lots of steak and grilled chicken. Thanks for the info.

Holland Eurodam 12/2009
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 12/2011
Carnival Fantasy 4/2012
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Oh, lots to select from then... enjoy the French side..the harbor is seductive with the shops, cafes, and yachts...a bit of heaven

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator