Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Belize Zoo Info?

We're sailing on Liberty of the Seas in a couple of weeks and will be stopping in Belize. This will be our third time stopping there and have already done the Mayan Ruins at Lamanai and the walking tour of Belize City.

We were thinking about doing the tour of the Belize Zoo but wanted to see if there were any recent experiences there.

Most reviews I've seen have been positive across several sites. I have also read some reviews that the tour isn't worth going since it's a long drive and the animals weren't always out so it was hit / miss.

It looks like (again from different reviews) that the best bet would be to do a tour from the ship since the taxis weren't always the best bet for driving that far out of the city limits.

Any information / recommendation is welcome.

Thanks!

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I've been to the Belize zoo. It's just OK. Not as fun as your Mayan adventure or the Caves, etc.

Since you've been to the interior twice, why not try the cayes? There are some great excursions over to Caye Caulker and others.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Unless the infrastructure has been improved, the zoo is quite rustic with outhouses for toilets. We definitely spent more time on the drive to and from than we did at the zoo. And, yes, since the zoo is kept as natural as possible a lot of the animals were hidden in the foliage.

I second the recommendation of the cayes.