Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2000, 07:50 PM
Mittypacks

Default Carnival Visa card

For anyone out there who has used MBNA America's Carnival Visa credit card's "cruise points" program...

How was the booking handled? I've earned a 2-category upgrade and $800 toward a cruise, and I don't know if I need the certificates when I book, or if I need them only when I make the final payment. Has anyone else used these certificates?

This Visa plan is a GREAT program, by the way!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2000, 12:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Carnival Visa card

Works Awesome!!...Just tell your travel agent about it when you book & get it to them with final payment. From my experience, I don't think that the travel agent is happy about your voucher(I believe it affects their commission). Hopefully, you will still be treated nicely since you could sent them a lot of referral business.(Unfortunately, not all agents know this)
Old August 24th, 2000, 02:46 AM
Mittypacks

My travel agent seems pretty unaware of how the system works, so now I wonder if she just doesn't want to know how it works if it means she'll lose money!!! Interesting...
Old August 24th, 2000, 12:15 PM
Spike

HAHA!,,,Good luck...That's the same reaction I recieved!!...It should be no problem for her. This is the 3rd voucher I've used so far.(We're using a voucher on the cruise I am going on next month) It's really a great deal, I am surprised that more people don't make use of this program....Have fun!!
Old August 26th, 2000, 02:45 PM
Rene

How does this credit card work? Is it like the Marriott Rewards Visa where you get a point for every dollar spent and the points accumulate towards upgrades etc?
Old August 30th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Spike

If my memory is correct, you get 4%(or 3%-I maybe wrong) of all purchases towards a CCL Cruise!!.. It really adds up fast if you use it for your normal living expenses (groc. shopping etc.) & pay it off at the end of the month. You can turn them in when you reach $150.00(for a 2 cabin upgrade), $500.00(Cash value towards a cruise) & $800.00(Cash value towards a cruise)...Jeez, I should get a job with MBNA...haha...basically, it is a very good deal if you like CCL!!
Old August 30th, 2000, 04:22 PM
Rene

thanks! Got another question...can you book the cruise thru an agent with the lowest fare or do you have to pay the fare in Carnival brochure. If it is the lowest fare, what a great bargain! We currently use our Marriott Rewards card for everythihng and are taking our free cruise in Nov. Took us 2-1/2+ yrs to do this. (210,000 points of spending and staying only at Marriotts for travel - my husband also uses the card for business travel). I know we could get to that $800 faster and still pay a minimal amount for a cruise. will have to check into it. Thanks! So do you have the 800 # I can call?
Old August 30th, 2000, 04:23 PM
Rene

thanks! Got another question...can you book the cruise thru an agent with the lowest fare or do you have to pay the fare in Carnival brochure. If it is the lowest fare, what a great bargain! We currently use our Marriott Rewards card for everythihng and are taking our free cruise in Nov. Took us 2-1/2+ yrs to do this. (210,000 points of spending and staying only at Marriotts for travel - my husband also uses the card for business travel). I know we could get to that $800 faster and still pay a minimal amount for a cruise. will have to check into it. Thanks!
Old August 31st, 2000, 12:45 PM
Spike

Rene,
You can use it with the lowest fare that you can find...Wow, 2 and a half years?? It adds up MUCH faster with MBNA!!!!....You'll be pleased!!...We're using Mariott Points to get a free night in San Juan before we leave on the Destiny & My wife goes free on the cruise with the voucher...Use them both!!...Wow, it really sound like I'm cheap huh? (haha)...Hey, If they're gonna offer it, we'll take it! Good luck!
Old August 31st, 2000, 03:38 PM
Rene

Spike, Yeah, you sound cheap, but so are we!!!! We, too, are using Marriott points to stay in San Juan the night before the cruise. Have a fun trip! And thanks for the info. Rene
Old October 17th, 2000, 02:11 AM
Passenger

I to have a application for a carnival cruise card .but have made a deposit on
a cruise in may 2001 what next???? Thanks Derek