Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2000, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default How soon are you leaving?

I'm just curious, how soon is everybody here leaving on their Carnival cruise? What ship are you on? Is it your first Carnival cruise? Is it your first cruise ever?
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2000, 01:26 PM
First Mate

Default RE: How soon are you leaving?

Hi Paul, we are leaving in 23 days for 4 night Ecstasy. We are three married
ladies "doing a girl thing" for my birthday. Also sailing (with hubby) HOPEFULLY
in November on Millennium. Have been on 2 other Celebrity cruises, on Paradise
last year (loved no smoking) and next month will be my 10th cruise. Live 15 minutes from Pt. Everglades & 40 minutes from Miami.
Old August 25th, 2000, 02:19 PM
Keith Smith

We leave on the Elation Sept 17, our 2nd Carnival ship and our 5th Cruise. This is Sealetter.com CBY2K, the 4th bash. The pix is our last cruise (not a bash) on the Veendam in Jan of this year.

Old August 25th, 2000, 02:49 PM
Diane & Phil

We are sailing on the Destiny on 9/17, just 22 more days!! Can't wait! We have sailed on the Inspiration, Fascination, Fantasy and the Celebration. Our first cruise was on the Majestic (Big Red Boat).
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I LOVE it! Doing a girl thing without hubby. Hubby must be pretty understanding. So what are you girls going to do that you can't do when hubby is on board?
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

This is Sealetter.com CBY2K ??

I guess that means Cruise Bash year 2000? Am I close? Are there a lot of Sealetter readers going? how many?
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

21 and 1/2 days now :-)

Have you sailed on lines other than BRB and Carnival? You must love Carnival to keep going back to them time and again. What is your favorite thing about their ships?

Maybe it's the towel animals?
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Going on the paradise Oct. 15, just hubby and I (25th anniversary) this is our second cruise. The first was on the Ecstasy and we booked today on the Imagination for June 16 2001 this will be the family, daughters 20 and 21 plus 13 friends. we LOVE cruising I think mostly because it is so self contained you are free to do as much or as little as you want.

blue skies and beautiful sunsets
Old August 25th, 2000, 04:54 PM
Keith Smith

I guess that means Cruise Bash year 2000?

You are correct. There is only about 25 of us on this bash, with just 6 of us who have been on the previous 3.
Old August 25th, 2000, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Can you give me a little history of the Cruise Bashes?
Old August 25th, 2000, 04:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

All of your Cruises on Carnival - just out of curiouslity, nothing against Carnival, but do you think you will ever try another line?
Old August 25th, 2000, 05:50 PM
Keith Smith

A little history on our Cruise Bashes. The first was sponsored jointly by the old CompuServe cruise forum and Sealetter, and was on the Sensation in Sept '97. CompuServe dropped the cruise forum and their sponsorship after CB1. The next year was the Westerdam, and CB3 last Oct was on Celebrity's Mercury. http://members2.clubphoto.com/keithrita209115/

We are a smaller group this year probably because of the length of travel. Some of us decided it was only fair to our Alaskan contingent to do a west coast cruise. A lot of east coasters dropped out this year. Rita and I have never been to LA, (not counting Lower Alabama) so we are extra excited about this cruise.
Old August 25th, 2000, 06:00 PM
tracylee12

We will be leaving, Sept. 17th(23 days!!!), on the Celebration, to the Western Carribean. This will be our 1st cruise, please, wish us luck, & happy sailing! Thanks, Tracy
Old August 25th, 2000, 06:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Welcome to the world of Cruise Addicts, or soon to be anyway. Very few people take their first cruise and don't love it. It's funny how it works, maybe its the fear of the unknown, but getting people on the first one is the hard part, keeping them off of ships after that is a lot harder.
Old August 25th, 2000, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We'll be shipping out for Thanksgiving, with 500 CruiseMates onboard the Sensation. I've even managed to convince my twin sister to join us on the cruise, so there'll be two sets of antlers to chase.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old August 25th, 2000, 08:53 PM
STEPHANI

We leave on Oct 1 Sensation my secound husband first..... 35 days and counting to the cruise
Old August 25th, 2000, 09:13 PM
First Mate

Hello, I will be leaving on the Sensation on september 10th. We are looking forward to it. We have been planning this vacation for over a year so it has been a long wait. This will be our first cruise.
Old August 25th, 2000, 09:25 PM
Passenger

...Doug & Elaine here! Leaving on the DESTINY (2nd cruise on her) October 15th, doing the Dutch Treat (St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Curacao & Aruba) out of San Juan. We've traveled Carnival 6 times before...Celebration in 1993, Imagination in 1995, Sensation in 1996, Fascination in 1997, Destiny in 1999, Ecstasy in 2/2000 and a Spirit cruise planned for 2001. Boy, this cruising thing sure gets addicting!
...Anyone have any questions about any of these vessels, please feel free to get in touch with me!
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old August 25th, 2000, 09:35 PM
Passenger

...Hi Kathy! The wait will be worth it! September 10th (which happens to be my birthday!) will come soon enough. Then watch out.."PPM" will take place. PPM, or "post partum cruising" is that feeling you get after returning from your cruise, and the excitment and anticipation of your trip is no longer there.
...There's only one known cure to this ravaging disease. Book another cruise...as fast as you can!
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old August 25th, 2000, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanksgiving on the Sensation. Our 6th cruise, 4th as a family. This is our 3rd time on Sensation. First was Western, second eastern and now because it goes to New Orleans over the holiday week and it was extremely reasonable.
That's why we sail Carnival. The kids have fun, it's more relaxed and we just enjoy ourselves especially over the holidays. There are loads of other kids.
Mary
Old August 25th, 2000, 11:58 PM
Sunbear

Hi! I am leaving with my boyfriend, Scott in less than a month onboard Sensation for my first cruise. I am so excited that I can't handle it. It seems like Sensation is really popular, I hope it lives up to my expectations .
-Margarita aka Sunbear
Old August 26th, 2000, 12:34 AM
bes22

I leave in LESS THAN 12 HOURS on the ridiculous one night cruise to nowhere on the Victory!!! So excited! Must pack.
This is my third cruise - Disney Magic was 1st (last year), and I was on the Millennium Inaugural July 1st. Looking forward to trying Carnival.
Old August 26th, 2000, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Not soon enough for me though, 237 more days, ugh, will it ever get here. By the time I go on this cruise it will mean my baby daughter will be a married lady, kind of bitter sweet, so we'll certainly be ready for this cruise, can't wait :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old August 27th, 2000, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Leave on the Fascination in 187 LONG, LONG days. can't wait. We have had this cruise booked since January and it seems like it will never get here.
Old August 27th, 2000, 03:26 PM
m00se

Sept. 1 at first dawn to stalk the Paradise as it comes into the Port of Miami. Are we there yet?

m00se
Old August 27th, 2000, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Hi Paul,
Going on the Triumph Oct. 21, this year. I sailed on the Triumph in Oct. of 99 also, one of the inaugural cruises. I loved her so much, I decided to book this ship for myself and several friends. Have sailed on RCI, Premier, NCL, Holland America and Carnival. This is my first 7 day on Carnival. Some of us are staying in cat 11 suites, was spoiled after staying in cat 11 on the Destiny out of Charleston. I am very excited about this trip. By the way, I sell cruises for a living and I really appreciated your response to my question about the formal wear. I suppose I could find a former client to ask, but this is so convenient and I love reading the messages. When are you sailing? I did not read all the threads for this message so I may have missed it. Glad you love cruising and if you have any questions for me, fire away!
Old August 27th, 2000, 06:55 PM
TamNMike

We leave on our first ever cruise on the Triumph on Sept 23rd. So excited I can hardly take it. It will be a much needed and much deserved vacation for hubby and I (and a little break from the kids)
Gosh I better get packing!!
Old August 27th, 2000, 07:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're going on the Triumph July 7/01. Cruised once before (July 99) on the Sensation and LOVED IT. This time we splurged and got a room with a balcony as its our 20th anniversary. Reading all these messages I'm getting excited already.
Old August 28th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Spike

Going on the Ole Destiny out of San Juan on 9/17...let's see...About 18 more days till' we jump on a plane out of ATL. We are staying for 2 nights at the Mariott http://marriotthotels.com/SJUPR/tour.asp in P.R. Has anyone ever stayed here before? Any feedback on it is appreciated....NOOOO HURICANES!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!
Old August 28th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Trudi

My fiance and I are going on the Ecstasy on Sept. 25th. It will be our honeymoon and our first cruise ever!