Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2000, 12:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Why do you LOVE Carnival?

One thing that I really struck with in reading all the messages here is that so many of your are Carnival repeaters! I love Carnival, too, but I sail on a lot of Cruise Lines. Please, tell me why you keep going back time again - some of you on the same ship over and over. Why do you LOVE Carnival?
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2000, 12:33 PM
hdawson

Default RE: Why do you LOVE Carnival?

Paul, didn't you notice? Carnival is HOT HOT HOT!
Old August 26th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Is that the answer? I agree Carnival is probably the most lively cruise line. Is that what it is all about? Maybe some other people have other reasons.
Old August 26th, 2000, 05:35 PM
Passenger

...For us personally, Carnival has the atmosphere and amenities we're looking for! We almost always cruise with our daughters, ages 10 & 6, and Carnival's camp program can't be beat! For families that need to cruise within a "limited" budget, who don't need white glove service, and have no wishes to be served dishes in the Dining room whose names cannot be correctly pronounced, Carnival serves that niche quite nicely. IMHO, one of the main reasons that Carnval has such a successful product is that they certainly give your enough "bang for the buck".
...We've cruised other cruise lines and always manage to have a wonderful time. But for obvious reasons, we keep coming back to Carnival. Our next journey is on the Destiny again, October 15th. We've sailed the Celebration in 1993, Imagination in 1995, Sensation in 1996, Fascination in 1997, Destiny in 1999, Ecstasy in February 2000 (with Mr. Bob Dickinson) and are planning to try the Carnival Spirit in November of 2001.
...At this point in our "cruising careers", Carnival is definitely Hot, Hot, Hot!
Old August 26th, 2000, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Not really any one answer Paul. Carnival was our first and we still love her! We have met so many wonderful people, both other cruisers as well as staff, and continued friendships with so many of them over the years. You can party if you want to, (as evidenced by this photo of Mrs Robo singing into a carrot, and no she wasn't drunk!) or you can find a quite romantic place to neck or just chill out in a jacuzzi.
Jim/Robo

Old August 26th, 2000, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Want more reasons? Excellant staff with pretty ladies! <G>
Robo

Old August 26th, 2000, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Heck, why not another reason. This is a photo of Bob Dickerson, President of Carnival Cruise Lines who is down to earth enough to jump up and dance with the staff in the dining room during "Hot, Hot, Hot"! Talk about someone who loves his job and is reachable to everyone!
Robo

Old August 26th, 2000, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Paul,
Never been on Carnival, but after looking at Robo's pictures am sure we are gonna have FUN, FUN, FUN....Who knows maybe Kuki will sing into a carrot on Sensation :-)
Gaile
Old August 26th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Passenger

Great picture, Jim! I had the extreme pleasure of sailing with Jim and his lovely wife, along with a bunch of the CruiseMates Gang, last February on Carnival's Ecstasy. We had a blast! We had the opportunity to have a private audience with Mr. Bob Dickinson, discussing Carnival, and the cruise industry in general. Mr. Dickinson was not only extremely easygoing, but proved to be very knowledgable. As shown in Jim's photo, it seems that dancing with the staff was quite commonplace for him. The fact that we sent him a birthday cake (of course, it wasn't his birthday!) he took it well. He didn't even flinch when the Dining room staff came over and sang "Appy Birdsday Two Shoes" to him!
...It's obvious that the staff, along with the department managers take their cue from Mr. Dickinson. Work hard, please the customers, and make sure everybody is having fun!
...Calm Seas and a Gentle Breeze ...Doug
Old August 28th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Paul,

Originally, I was kind of so-so about Carnival after our first cruise on the Sensation
back in 1996. After that we sailed on Holland America's Veendam in 1998
(loved it!!). In April 2000, we sailed on Carnival's Inspiration and this time, I
really loved the cruise, the ship and their staff! We had a wonderful time! In
comparison to 1996, the food was so much better, security was everywhere so
noisy and rambunctioous passengers (both kids and adults) was really down
to a minimum. The differences was like day and night! We will sail on Carnival
again! It just seems as if this cruiseline is always trying something new-- such
as a smoke-free ship, new menus, alternative dining, in room amenities, robes,
and lately 8 day Caribbean itineraries that sound very intriguing!
JanGail
Old August 29th, 2000, 03:58 AM
trvljill

I have been on 8 cruises and 7 of them have been on carnival. I love carnival because it is geared towards the younger crowd so when I was really young I loved the camp carnival, and now I find theres a lot of people in my age range on teh ship which is very nice. But my grandma goes on every cruise with me and she loves carnival, she finds it very easy to relax on. Plus I find teh staff to be some of the nicest and friendliest people I've ever met. And theres always something to do. Oh and the pizza is the best I've ever eaten
Old September 3rd, 2000, 10:58 AM
Passenger

I too had taken a Carnival cruise but back in 1990 with my daughter who at the time was 15. She hated Camp Carnival, but meet many nice teens and hung out with them, so she was happy about that, however there was no alternative dining from what I remember at that time, and she was to old for the kids menu, and found very little on the adult menu that she liked, so she ate very little, also with the late seating, by the time you got to the shows, there was never a seat for you since the ones with early seating had taken the seats, and some of the entertaining such as bingo, the not-so-new-newelweed (sp) game was done during the late seating, therefore late seating would miss these activities.

I wrote to Carnival with my complaints, and they sent me a coupon for 10% off my next cruise. I at that time vowed never to take another Carnival cruise, and put the coupon away. After ten years, and after reading these boards, saw how much everyone said Carnival had changed, thought I would give them another try, since the other cruise lines do not really have much for singles, and do not really have many 25 year olds on them, and since my daugther was going once again and I did want to make her happy this time, decided on Carnival and was able to use the coupon I had. We were very happy with Carnival this time, and are already planning another one for next year.

For those of you who do not think Carnival is a good line to travel think twice, they have really improved over the years, and it is worth giving them a first or second try.