Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2000, 10:36 AM
Wanda

Default First Cruise

I'm taking my first cruise on the Tropicale 9/23/00. Has anyone sailed on this ship recently? Is anyone else going on this same cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Vonda

Default RE: First Cruise

I'm going on this same cruise. I've read good and bad about this ship but I'm hoping to have a blast. I know it's an older ship and not as fancy as the new mega liners but I'm an older ship and not so fancy anymore either. HA!! We'll have a great trip, I'm sure.
Old August 26th, 2000, 11:31 AM
hdawson

You will have a great time. Sailed on Trop a couple of years ago and had great fun
The new itens look really interesting and the pricing great.
Old August 26th, 2000, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Wanda and Vonda, (y'all aren't twins are you?) We have cruised on the Tropicale twice in the last couple of years and there is nothing really wrong with the ship. The rooms are the same as on the newer CCL ships except that they have no balcony type cabins. The dining room IS smaller and has no huge windows like the Fantasy and Destiny Class but the woodwork is very nice and soothing and the food and service are wonderful. The Boiler Room, or Alt Dining isn't very large but the food is fine and you can still get pizza 24hrs. Everything about the ship is smaller than the others and not as modern but you should really enjoy yourselves, especially if this is your first cruise and you haven't the larger ships to compare it to and be spoiled by. I also understand that the Trop will be undergoing a refurbishing before then so the firnishings should all be new. I have a review posted in the CM Review area if you wish to take a look.
Jim/Robo

Photo is us with the Captian of the Tropicale

Old August 26th, 2000, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jim..
Why are u guys all standing on the wall <G> Appears that ship has quite a list <VBG>

Regards,
Kuki
CruiseMates.com
Old August 26th, 2000, 10:52 PM
Wanda

Thanks for replying!! We're not twins but we are sisters and neither one of us have been on a cruise before. I've read a lot of bad reviews about the Tropicale (some good ones too) so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Wanda
Old August 27th, 2000, 12:56 PM
Admiral

ROTFLMOA!! I didn't even notice how this photo turned out in the posting! That WAS one heck of a wave, wasn't it!
Jim/Robo